Notices

Feeling Down This Time Around

Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Down This Time Around

Hello everyone, How are you?

I am a chronic relapser like many of you out there. I am currently on day 8 from mainly oxys but other drugs and alcohol as well. This time around I haven't had any good feelings yet. I remember the other times that I went clean I started to feel really good at this time in my recovery. Now I feel sad, ashamed, bored, and just plain blah.

Did anyone else experience this? I am looking forward to that feeling of happiness and understanding again.

I am going to meetings and talking to others in recovery and that has been helpful.

Thank you everyone
Old 12-26-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AND! I am feeling a strong urge to use today!!! Sunday is a big relapse day for me and I'm not sure why?! Any encouraging words not to use our so welcome, thank you!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

You never have to use again--no matter what! When is your next meeting? I'm glad you posted about thinking about using. Getting honest with ourselves and with others helps us.

Remember--"this too shall pass".....all feelings will eventually pass. What helped me in the beginning was to break it down into small amounts--like tell myself that I can stay clean for the next 5 minutes etc. Sharing with others (including a sponsor--if you have one) will help. You are not alone. Keep posting. We do recover.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Quinnatpeace,

Every time we go back to things like Oxy's, the longer it will take to feel well. You already have 8 days which is great. Build upon the time you have & before you know it, you will feel a little better everyday. keep attending meetings & definitely speak to your sponsor, or another addict that has a lot of clean time. I think you will find how they dealt with those feelings helpful.

Hang strong.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Hey Quinn. I hope you did not end up using. Post though, to let us know how you are. Hope you're well.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks a bunch Angelina, Squarehead, and Ghostly, you are so sweet to me

I am happy to say I refrained from using today. Thoughts of using are so overpowering and consuming I can't stand it, and to top it off my good friend fell off the wagon today and preceded to tell me he no longer wants to know me I know or at least hope this was the alcohol talking. The stories of those that have struggled and continued to stay clean have helped me immensely, I can't thank you enough for sharing your life battles with the world, in turn you have helped others, including me
Day 9 now.

Peace
Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

just wanted to say keep going well done on 9 days...keep coming back xxx karma