Notices

Christmas Blues

Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Christmas Blues

Even if I am on Day 4 for the 10th time in my life, I will enjoy this Christmas.

Even if I look like I've been hit by a Mack Truck, I will enjoy Christmas with my family.

Even if I lost my car to drugs and I have to drive with my grandpa to our Christmas, I will be thankful.

Even if it feels like I'm dying inside, I will be grateful I have family and friends to spend the holiday with.

Even if I feel I have nothing to contribute, I will be thankful for the present of sobriety this year

Happy Holidays and Hang in there!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Forgot one

Even if I have NO MONEY, I will enjoy the peace of Christmas day
Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wink Hi Quinn

Hi Quinn, I am from Minnesota too, don't forget to enjoy a white Christmas
Old 12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Since it is Christmas time it seems only appropriate to talk about one of the most important tools in the recovery process - gratitude. Being grateful for what we have, and keeping things in perspective, is vital in the struggle to stay in the now and enjoy today as much as possible.

One of the gifts that came to me early in my healing process was a little expression that helped me start changing my perspective. That expression was, I don't have any problems I have opportunities for growth. The more I stopped focusing on problems and obstacles, and started looking for the gifts, the lessons, attached to them, the easier life became.

I became a part of the solution instead of getting stuck being the victim of the problem. I started seeing the half of the glass that was full instead of always focusing on the half that was empty.

It was wonderfully liberating in recovery to start learning that I could start to see life in a growth context. That I had a choice to focus on the half of the glass that was full instead of giving power to the disease which always wants to focus on the half that is empty. When I focus on what I have, and have been given, that I am grateful for - instead of just focusing on what I want that I don't have - it helps me to let go of the victim place my disease wants to promote.

Congratulations on your 4th day Quinn.

TB