Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

10 Days Clean.....Can I make it through tomorrow???

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.....I am new to this.....well not new to addiction....I have been an opiate addict for 6 years.....I can't believe I am saying this right now. I have hidden this from everyone. I am trying once again to quit for what seems like the hundreth time! My husband is also an addict and I have left him to try and get clean. I was so ready at first and so determined but I am really struggling right now. I am over the really really bad withdrawls.....but now the mental games have started. I ran into a person today that I normally buy from and he is going to the dr tomorrow. All I can think about is getting the pills.....I keep thinking if I do it I will throw away the 10 days and all the heartache of leaving my husband and this BS will start all over again. But the addiction is so strong!!!! Any advice????
Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep strong because your right you will throw away all your hard work.Have you been to a meeting it really is the way to go.Take it from someone who has tried every way and only had success one way.Good luck try to relax and whatever you do dont answer the phone when the dealer calls they are NOT your friend just a bussiness person making money off your misery.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by readyforachange View Post
I keep thinking if I do it I will throw away the 10 days and all the heartache of leaving my husband and this BS will start all over again. But the addiction is so strong!!!! Any advice???
Yes, 90 meetings in 90 days.

Congratulations on your 10 days.

Keep up the great work.
TB
Old 12-23-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't even "go there". My DOC was crack, and though I didn't have the physical withdrawals to get through, the mental were tough.

I've been to meetings in the past, and still use what I learned there; I stick close to SR and people who are supportive of me. I think having support is essential for recovery, so I agree on meetings, but if not that...find support..counselor, here, etc.

I also started, early in recovery saying "not an option..next!" every time I had a using thought..."next" meant to distract myself...think/do something to not obsess about getting dope. I also vividly remember where my using took me...I would recall how miserable I was, in the end and why I quit. It doesn't get any better.

In time, my mind would automatically go to "yeah, it was bad" and then on to something totally different (distraction), but it took practice, and a lot of it.

Great on your 10 days, but stopping the dope is actually the easiest part, IMO. It's not picking it back up that was so hard, at first. Oh, and good for getting away from your husband who is still using. I had to do the same with my XABF.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy