Notices

slip

Old 12-22-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

slip

well i used yesterday,and thats it,now i have too get up and shake it off,went too meeting last night and i know i could of call anyone but i didnt,i used oxy and ate it which in its self makes no sense cause i loved that needle,any way i got a new date and gotta get my relationship with my HPstonger cause if i depend only on other people i will relaspe again people are humman they makes mistakes,thanks all yall for being here cause it helps me,my sponser told me he would rather me use than sit in the rooms for yrs.being misrable,he said if i dont need the program than go use and try it my way again,hell no my way does not work,thats one thing i know,soo im gonna do whatever the old timers want me too do ,why cause i want what they got,i want too be a decent member of community,have peace of mind,and be a father,husband,son,grandson,and overall positive person,this happened same way last time i was working steps on step 4?????gotta get it all out and trust HP and i can do this,
Old 12-22-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

A relapse doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. It can be used for good if you can learn something useful from this experience. Granted--there are many addicts who never make it back after a slip or relapse, so count it a blessing that you still have an opportunity to find recovery. You know--an addict that isn't ready to stop using won't stop using. But even if you have the smallest desire to stop--then there is hope. I didn't find recovery the very first time around, but there are many that do. I struggled off/on but never gave up completely on finding recovery.

Just know that you are not alone. Pick yourself up, learn from this, move forward in recovery. Reach out to others and ask for help. Call someone if you feel caught up in your own thoughts and are thinking about using. Relapse is usually the end result of something that has been building up. When I last used it was cause I had become complacent and had started to isolate away from others. Our disease likes to get us into all types of impossible situations. Just know that no matter what happens you never have to use again. Glad you made it back. We do recover.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FT

New sponsor?

Hey,
I am not an abuse counselor, just a user like you. Hearing your post makes me think you REALLY should rethink getting a new sponsor. The whole idea is to be able to turn to that person for support not to use. Maybe last night if you had someone to talk to instead, you wouldn't have used. Just my opinion.

I don't know how old you are, but take it from an old woman, don't waste your youth on this drug. I lived a 2 year nightmare on oxycodone going from major orthopedic surgery to another one to another major surgery, all in one year, then spending the last year trying and trying to go off. It's been hell. I never want to do this again.

If you're young, use your youth and resilience. I used alcohol for 20 years and quit that over 20 years ago. The torture I suffered then was something I never intended to repeat. It gets harder, maybe, with age. Someone once told me, you never know how many recoveries you have in you. My friend and coworker ran out of her last recovery in 2007 when she had a bad day, used some extra oxy because "she deserved it" and her 14 year old son found her dead in her bed in the morning.

Use this recovery as your lasting one.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There is hope

We all make mistakes but what you learn from them is priceless. Don't beat yourself down for the slip but rather congratulate yourself for recognizing the lesson! You CAN do it and the people here have plenty to offer.

And any sponsor that gives you advice to use is really no sponsor at all. That is just downright wrong!

So start over and stay with folks who support your sobriety. You want to do it and that is the best start ever!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ok

i did learn from my slip and i know i dont want too use i also ran back too meetings and got around positive people,learned alittle on christmas morn also.i chair a meeting and sat. morn is my day soo i was their too open make coffee and no one showed??before i really started too understand why im soo screwed up i would of been pissed but not this time i was ok ,i know i did what i needed too and was willing too be there for another alcohalic or addict if needed,going too a meeting and no one being there is a lonely feeling iv been there,also that one meeting could be life or death for that person,happy holidays