Notices

The Gym

Old 12-07-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Beat Opiates on my OWN!

The Gym

The gym has been a savior for me in this 8 day withdrawal. I have gone 7 out of 8 days and afterwards I feel amazing. I mean, I used to be a gym rat until a little over a year ago when the only things I wanted to do was use painkillers and work. I still worked VERY HARD, and then after, I would enjoy my opiates. Well, what once was a lean, strong, guy, is now the most out of shape I have ever been. I still look okay, but no where near what I was.

Today I did NOT want to go to the gym. I was very depressed today and anxious (anyone have any ideas how long that will last, btw?) and I just wanted to lay down and honestly cry, but I MADE myself go and after a couple mile run and 30 minutes of weights, I feel good again!

Thanks gym-bo! lol
Old 12-07-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think as long as you keep busy, your mind won't dwell on the negative things and depression won't be able to kick in. My first week off the oxy's I wanted to cry over the dumbest things. I watched the movie "Restrepo" and it brought back alot of memories. Day 16 and my emotions are like 90% back in check. But ya know-sometimes crying is a good thing. For years I was trained to kill with no remorse, to show no feelings, never smile. It was an Infantry thing, I guess? I thought men didn't cry. Man does it feel good to just let loose sometimes. It's like the tears wash all the bad away. Keep up the good work, keep your head up and never look back!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

in my 2 time periods were i was 100% clean, and again now, this has been where most of my time has went. I was before drugs a gym rat, and it feels good to get back in the gym. not only that, you are getting in shape, healthier, and i look better, much better, which helps with the self esteem.

when i start using the last place i want to go is the gym. on the other hand,when i go to the gym, i really don't want to use. not saying i never used and went ot the gym in the same day but it didn't happen often.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good on Ya

You are awesome! I am detoxing from opiates and the last thing I want to do is go to the gym, I can barely get myself out of bed!! And don't worry about the crying I do it everyday!!!