Notices

Question, Day 11 in Opiate Withdrawal.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Question, Day 11 in Opiate Withdrawal.

Hello all, I'm at Day 11 with my opiate withdrawal, Day 0 on alcohol >_<, and I had to go to the E.R. a week+ ago because I was going falling over/dizzy/etc, doctor checked me out and put me on Tramadol to help with the withdrawal... well... I got an interesting question.

I was just thinking of when I wasn't on opiates, I used to research things, love life, write, work, it was wonderful... then in early '09, getting high/etc it all got worse.

When will or can I see a mental improvement like that?... just wondering... as I need support, ty.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All you must hold on to Is you

I am not sure about how long it will take you to feel like yourself again, BUT I can tell you from my own experience what an awful drug Tramadol is. I don't care what anyone says, it is addictive and it also has an anti depressant and SSRI I believe in it too, which makes your mind go absolutely wonky. Please do your research on Tramadol addiction and withdraw before you find out that the withdrawal from Tramadol is worse then come off of heroin/other opiates in many peoples opinions. I can't say for sure because I have never gone through anything other then the Tramadol, I took it as prescribed for Endometriosis and I still became addicted it and I never abused it either. It was awful and I want to the world to know how awful it is so that others don't find themselves in the same boat that I did with no Doctor ready to listen to me because they consider it a gentle, kind little helper that can cause no harm and if you try to tell them any different they don't believe you. Please be careful Paulos. ( hugs )
Old 12-07-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
All you must hold on to Is you

Do you know about Indigo's ? If not, can you research Indigo children and also Indigo adults? I have a feeling that it really might interest you.

Light and Love
Old 12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Really nice idea IndigoMama with the Indigo thing. There is more going on and I cannot relate at all in any way, but I can only imagine it complicates matters tremendously.

Take care Paulos!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Paulos get out of the house, get some fresh air. I went out today and shoveled snow thinking it would kill my back, but it didn't and the fresh air made me feel so much better. If I stay inside I get to thinking and that can make one depressed when going tthrough everything you're going through, trust me, been there. Glad to see you're still sober.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Tramadol...nasty stuff. One of many I've abused.

I keep feeling more like a human is supposed to feel the longer I stay away from ANY mind altering chemical!! It's a process. I didn't find a bottom over night...I won't get better over night - but I WILL get better and show improvement everyday. Working a 12-step program helps me tremendously!

Hang in there...and don't use!! ANYTHING!!