Notices

Negativity and cutting out that noise

Old 12-01-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Negativity and cutting out that noise

It's been hard for me to say this: I like and love myself. It took me a long time to say it and mean it, even if at times it felt I believed it just to spite everyone else.

I do realize I am a good person and I like who I am. I don't understand the people who talk about others when the person is in close vicinity. It could be that I was being paranoid yesterday...but I'm fairly certain they were talking about me. F*ck em. They don't have my respect or appreciation. I do a pretty good job acting like I like people when I really don't, so I'll put on a good face, do my job, and that's it.

All they're making is noise. It's just noise. It's not true and it's not who I am. They can think whatever they want--I don't value their opinions at all.

I've come to the conclusion that most people are a$$holes. I wish I could avoid all of them, but that's simply not possible.

What I can do is reaffirm the good person I am and rise above this nonsense. I must do this, especially when my mind wants to take a dive. I deserve better than this. I've earned it. I will do everything I can to get out of this toxic environment and get into a better situation. I deserve to be happy.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

People can act childish and gossipy. It's based in their insecurities- they'd have better things to talk about otherwise. They are sad people with little else to do. You are intelligent and talented- they may be intimidated by that.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've come to the conclusion that groups can really bring out the mean streak in people. I've known a number of people who, individually, are normally nice, pleasant folks. Drop them in a group with a negative vibe, and you can see a completely different side of people, particularly if that group is in "bullying" mode.

And its not as if this isn't an evidence-based phenomena. There are tons of studies out there documenting this sort of thing. Pretty typical social behavior to be expected of us humans (unfortunately).
Old 12-03-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Moods are contagious, especially in groups. You can feel the vibe entering a room. It's also a good idea to realize that most people are screwed up to some degree...