Notices

question: ratio-oxycocet

Old 11-25-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question: ratio-oxycocet

Hello everyone. I haven't been here for a long while, but I thought I might drop in to say hello and also to get some feed back on ratio-oxycocet.

My addiction history is:
13 years daily crack-cocaine use. I have been clean for 13 years also. I am currently suffering from a shoulder injury - don't know exactly how it happend - but have been in excutiating pain since Nov 3. After seeing 3 doctors and a physiotherapist - the most recent diagnosis is "Rotator cuff Injury". I was 1st perscribled Tylonel 3 and Apo-naproex - which didn't help much and instead made me constipated.

The 2nd set of medication that has been prescribed is:
ratio-oxycocet and Apo-naproex. I have only started with this medication as of yesturday and am wanting to know how addictive it is and whether I should be concerned?

Does anyone here have any experience with this medication etc?

Thank you
Old 11-25-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Peachy)) - I'm not familiar with the names, as your drugs are often called something different than in the U.S., but I can pretty much guess anything with "oxy" in it is addictive. You should have been given information by the pharmacist, and it may say something about "may be habit forming".

The best person to ask would be your dr. or pharmacist. Even though your DOC (drug of choice) was crack, it's not hard to get cross-addicted to something else.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-25-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I also have a rotator cuff injury (since early July 2010) and i can only say to watch those opiate/opioid drugs (even the weaker ones)

I thought t1's (I live in Canada too) with codeine were nothing to worry about, but fast forward to Nov..............now I am addicted and take 40-60 a day.

Best of luck.

Ps.. Apo-naproex - nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory drug
ratio-oxycocet - oxycodone + acetaminophen
Old 11-26-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the feed back. I really appreciate it. I did speak to Dr and he did say that the med's could be addictive. I was somewhat resistant in taking the oxycocet - however, the pain is just more than I can handle without anything. The prescribed amount is 1 - 2 every 4 to 6 hours. I've only taken one a day.
I do realize that cross-addiction is possible. At the same time, without pain relief, I find it impossible to sleep which creates another set of issues.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just be aware... Make sure you ask yourself do I really need this... Don't take the pill first if you can try other things first... If somebody is in pain, then they have the right to be treated for that pain. You just need to be careful as you have already had an addiction in the past.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I did speak to Dr and he did say that the med's could be addictive.
could be?

That was 3 months ago.....you doin ok?