Notices

I'm going to have a good day today

Old 11-15-2010, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm going to have a good day today

I'm going to focus on what I need to do for school, and keep my mind on the here and now rather than the past and/or future, and the worries both bring. I can only do what is in myself-I am not superman, just me (who hasn't necessarily done too badly for himself, just a few recent bumps in the road that have made me think about how I've been living my life, which ultimately is a good thing). I will be getting bad news in the mail in the next couple of days (license suspension from DUI), but that is okay, because I know it's coming and I expect it. There is nothing I can do about that at this point but move on.

This is SUPER nerdy, so please don't hate, but I read the book "Dune" several years ago, and one of the things I remember is one of the characters saying is, "fear is the mind killer." So, so true. I won't be able to get anything done if I sit around and worry all day, that's for sure. That also leads to drinking to placate the feelings of anxiety, which of course only makes them worse. I'm not going to do that anymore, but if I slip, I'll remember writing this, and come back to have a look.

I hope that everybody has a good day, and a good week for that matter, especially people who worry a lot like me. It's not worth it, and worrying, uncoupled with rational thoughts and actions, won't change a thing.

So please, have a great day!