Notices

help staying off of oxy/percs...

Old 11-10-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help staying off of oxy/percs...

ok so a little background about myself i used to go to AA meetings along time ago when i was 18-21 didnt drink or smoke pot nothing. I got about 4 years in and said ehh whats one drink and continued to drink up until now i also smoke pot daily. I never had a problem with the two ever. I do not daily drink nor do i obsess about it. It was about 4 years ago that i found opiates.

Now these opiates wow wish i would have never ever found them. They took over my life. although i never used daily maybe some days i did but only like 3-4 days in a row mainly because i didnt have any money if i did i would have used daily for sure. I have tried to quit before and even did suboxone for about 2 months using about a quarter a day. I stayed off of all opiates and than lost my job and quit those cold turkey. i have never had withdrawls bad like that ever not even from oxy 80's. so i dont want those ever asgain no disrepect to anyone that uses them but i just want to be opiate free. couple months ago i kicked allthe oxy heads out of my life and decided that percs would be ok. well i got way more addicted to those because they were cheaper. Now i realise its timethat i quit i have no money no emotions nothing.

The problem is that i quit from about 25 mgs a day in the end ct and did that no problem its just the depression thats keeping me down and i just want to use so bad. Im not depressed about life but i am depressed about the fact that its like i lost my best friend. i know sobriety is awesome i have done it before but now these opiates have such a hold on my mind that its driving me nuts.

i tried to Get oc today but luckily it fell through and the perk lady is out of business. I am somewhat relived but it just made me really depressed because i really wanted that pill just to be happy. so now here i sit bored and depressed with no desire to really do anything. yesterday was pretty damn good but today has been horrible. i know i am hanging on by a thread and just want some advice.

thanks

also i cant get to an NA meeting because i have my son as me and the mom is split up so i cant go for like 3-4 days. no one to watch him.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Steveoski

Welcome to SR - I know you'll find a lot of support here.

If you start to feel really bad, I encourage you to see a Dr, but if nothing else, keep reading and posting.

D