Notices

ideas?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ideas?

we live in nj. my friend has once been diagnosed with bi-polar and def suffers bouts of depression. she has taken to hard drugs. i know deep down she wants help but i know deep down the drugs have a tight grip on her. she is homeless and penniless. where can she go for treatment fo her bi-polar? how can she get meds to help her not desire the dope? thanks.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

She might try the YWCA. They might be able to direct her towards help. I know I did some group therapy through them and it was based on a sliding scale payment.

I also am bipolar. One thing I know is that my experience was as long as I was doing alcohol or drugs the medications to control the bipolar were not as effective if they worked at all. The Salvation Army helps people who need to get off drugs and/or alcohol I believe.

I hope that this helps in some way.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, it seems as if she already has somebody willing to help her. You.

Aside from that, most churches have funds set aside specifically for that reason, and they have people in them who have gone through similar circumstances. I will note that churches have (sadly) become very skeptical of people's motivations in asking for help, and they are therefore a little hesitant to provide help sometimes. But if your friend is sincere, then you should have no problem finding a church willing to provide what she needs.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

the salvation army is a good start