Notices

"I think we've lost him"

Old 08-22-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"I think we've lost him"

Hi,

Yesterday a crisis occurred. I was with a couple of friends of mine were enjoying some time together when my lifelong friend decided to come over. Over the past couple of weeks, my friend has been experiencing severe psychosis. He cannot speak coherently, he is erratic, he experiences delusions of grandeur, he believes strange people are following him, his face appears sunken, he has committed atrocities of violence toward his own family, and worst of all his composure is nightmarish.

He told us "Goodbye" and we could not understand why, and it wasn't 10 seconds afterward that he was gone. We don't know where our dear friend is, but we fear he is very dangerous and unpredictable. We looked and looked for hours to no avail. Before he left he was making strange gestures with his hands, and his right hand was pressed against his chest for around 30 minutes.

His right hand was gripping his heart, and you could peer into his wild eyes and sense pain with immense suffering. He is confused, and my friends and I cannot bear to see our lifelong friend deteriorate like this. He has used a host of mind-altering drugs, too many to list.

We all looked at each other and said in agreement "I think we've lost him"...

Help.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

in our area, we can phone the police and ask them to do a wellness check.
This person needs to be in a hospital.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Live View Post
in our area, we can phone the police and ask them to do a wellness check.
This person needs to be in a hospital.
His family is severely co-dependent and its the most bizarre dynamic imaginable. Everything from the violence against family members and erratic behavior has not been fully addressed and there are no consequences at all.

I fear that if I call the police I am intervening in something that is beyond my control. I know something terrible is going to happen.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Does he live with his family? Have you called them to see if he is there? If he lives alone, I agree with calling the police for a well-check or even going to his home and checking on him yourself. If the situation warrants, you can then call emergency. Of course you cannot control what he does, but if you feel he is in danger, it only makes sense to help if you can.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Does he live with his family? Have you called them to see if he is there? If he lives alone, I agree with calling the police for a well-check or even going to his home and checking on him yourself. If the situation warrants, you can then call emergency. Of course you cannot control what he does, but if you feel he is in danger, it only makes sense to help if you can.
Yeah he lives with his family. I just received word that they found him and he is now at home sleeping. He has had issues with the law and is on parole.

Some of the issues that were brought up yesterday included violence with a weapon against his own family which was not reported to the police. I honestly fear that if I call the police for a well-check that they will find out that I did it.

I do agree that he needs to be institutionalized or at least evaluated by someone with experience in these types of matters. He is currently a nightmare to watch, his composure is absolutely heartbreaking.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Since he's been found and is now at home, your part in this is over. It might be good to just distance yourself from all of them. They all sound extremely unstable.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I want to strongly suggest that if in your presence he threatens harm to himself or others you immediately phone 911.

This sounds like a very dangerous and volatile situation!
scary.