Notices

Going down on Lexapro and feeling a little down

Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Going down on Lexapro and feeling a little down

Anyone experienced feeling a little "down" when going down on an SSRI dose? I take the meds for anxiety (though depression runs in my family), and I've been feeling a little melancholy today since lowering the dose (this is day 3 of a lower dose). I don't feel depressed; I equate the feeling to when that lovely Auntie Flo is in town--just sort of irritated and melancholy (but she ain't in town!). Thanks!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It should take up to 2 or even 4 weeks to level out on your dose, just like when you start taking it. I take my SSRI for anxiety too and it makes me feel very apathetic and depressed when I change my dose which is strange for me. I am always more of a "care too much" person than too little as goes with anxiety, so to feel like I can't be bothered with life and be depressed is quite alien. So I empathise but it should level out as I say, but why not make an appointment with the Doc, as this is just my experience I am giving.

Hope you feel brighter soon
Old 08-14-2010, 11:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree, it can't hurt to give the doc a call. Is there a particular reason they are decreasing the Lexapro? Maybe the dosage needs to go back to what it was. I've never really had the docs try to decrease the dosage of my antidepressant, its always being increased every few years.

Regardless, I hope today is a bit better for you *hugs*
Old 08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Climbing hills, flying down...

Thanks everyone...I'm lowering the dose because of libido issues. I talked to my doc, and he assured me that it is normal to feel a little down or "off" when changing a med dose. He said it could take a week to 10 days for the feeling to go away. I am on day 7 of the lower dose and am feeling good this morning. No longer feel down / sad, and feel okay anxiety wise.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FarawayFromCars View Post
. I am on day 7 of the lower dose and am feeling good this morning. No longer feel down / sad, and feel okay anxiety wise.
that is good to hear