I forgot

Old 08-09-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I forgot

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that post your inner most thoughts and what you are going through or have gone through. i have spent a good part of the last hour just reading some of your thoughts, as well as some of the other forums.
I used to spend a lot of time on this website when my mom was at her worst. I probably should've spent just as much time on here after she sobered up. I would probably be handling her relapse over this past year much better. Especially now as she is quickly falling back into a hole. Afraid this time she won't get a second chance....living with liver failure for four years and then deciding to drink again, isn't such a good decision.
i appreciate this forum and all of you....hearing what other's have been through, in regards to your childhoods or what you are dealing with as adult children of alcoholics has helped me tonight. thank you.....hopefully i'll be able to get some sleep tonight. It's alot easier to "let go" when you know other people out there are struggling to let their parents go as well.