Notices

have no idea on how to make myself value myself.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

have no idea on how to make myself value myself.

I'm so tired of feeling the way I feel. It's so depressing. Right now it's totally affecting my relationship with my wife. There are certain things she's better at me, and it's killing me inside. For instance driving. She does not trust my driving. I tell her that she thinks she's better than me and she denies it. Well she does think she is better than me a certain things. but that is because it is true. The difference is she does not think she is a better person where as I do think she is a better person than me. I know this is not true but it's how I feel.

She can have fun with anyone, I truly have no idea what it feels like to have fun and relax. She can socialize with the guys and gals much better than me, and that kills me. I truly have nothing in common with males or females. I hardly ever have fun. While people are talking I just sit there. No one really notices that I'm even there, when I try to give some input others just ignore me and it's like I didn't even say a word. I like it when others are down on their luck because I can talk about things of the heart. I see my coworkers talking, joking and laughing and I couldn't even imagine myself being part of that crowd.

I truly think others are better than me. I put more value on their lives than my own. I know that this is not true but it's the way I feel. Most of the time I would just like to coward in the corner and be a hermit. I also want add that my mind wonders so much. There is only a couple of things I can totally focus on. I have no idea on how to make myself value myself.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

((((HUGS)))) I'm sorry you are so down. Perhaps you should check with your doctor. It sounds like you may have some depression going on. I know before I got treatment, I felt pretty much the same way you do. It was all I could do to get out of bed and dress myself and go to work. This is not natural. Maybe a talk with your doctor will give him some insight into something that may help. Sometimes, we just need a little help and then we can take it from there.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I start feeling like that, and it happens often! I like to read this:

i hope you know you're not the only one who feels the way you feel. You are not the only one who struggles. You are not the only one with questions. You are not crazy. You deserve to be heard, to be known. You deserve love.

You deserve love.

You deserve a place that feels like home. You deserve some hands to hold. Hands to pull you past the broken moments, hands to catch you when you fall. Eyes to see you. To say you're there, that you exist, that you change a room, that your presence is significant. Ears to hear you - hear your stories, hear you laugh. Ears to hear your questions and to say they matter.

Your questions matter.

Maybe call a friend today or invite someone to coffee. Tell someone they matter or tell someone you could use a conversation. Write a letter or ask someone how they're doing. Like a song too much. Feel the drums or get lost in the chorus. It means that you're alive.

It's good that you're alive. Who else could play your part?

i hope you get to a place, wake to a day, where that feels true. You deserve to know it's true.

Life is heavy and light. Life is both. Beauty and pain, aches and dreams... We are saying that it's okay to talk about those things. We are saying that we need to. We are choosing to believe that stories deserve better endings. That hope is real, that help is real, that people need other people.

You are not alone today. You matter very much.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I strongly suggest group therapy as an excellent place to start.

In many cases, group therapy has a stronger impact than individual counseling and this will help you acclimate to social interactions and work out a more comfortable and enjoyable pattern.
and LOL...everyone there has problems so you should feel okay with it and them starting out!