Alternative Approaches (Part II)

Old 07-29-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alternative Approaches (Part II)

Sorry, Alera locked the other thread, because I or someone else spoke about AA etc. But I think Alera might have misunderstood the reason why they didn't want references to AA and 12 step in the Secular connections is because they don't want someone from the AA method coming in and soliciting secular members of this community and creating debates over which recovery method works best. Just a guess.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can read about why the forum was set up in the Stickies at the top of the forum, SC.

It's quite clearly in the rules - and the rules apply to everyone.
Once again

"12 Step Programs are off topic for this forum and posts discussing 12 Step Programs will be removed. Please use the Secular 12 Step Forum for positive topics on Secular 12 Step Recovery."

That means that 12 step/AA/NA topics, of whatever kind, are off topic in this particular forum

If anyone wants to discuss these topics, there are a multitude of other forums on SR to choose from in order to do so.

If anyone disagrees with a rule or a decision, please PM the relevant mod or an Administrator.

A thread on secular recovery approaches or methods (not secular recovery versus whatever) would be welcome.

D
Old 08-01-2010, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Supercrew View Post
Sorry, Alera locked the other thread, because I or someone else spoke about AA etc. But I think Alera might have misunderstood the reason why they didn't want references to AA and 12 step in the Secular connections is because they don't want someone from the AA method coming in and soliciting secular members of this community and creating debates over which recovery method works best. Just a guess.
No, I did not misunderstand the reason behind the rule. I went by the letter of the rule. I helped draft that rule in fact. It is in black and white because many people use the shades of gray to get into debates over which method of recovery was best.

As for contacting an admin or mod, Dee has it right. As rule 12 states:

12. Do not disrespect forum leaders, moderators, forum greeters, and chat chairs. Be respectful in both the forums, chat, and any private communications. These members are volunteers that donate many, many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.

If you see a problem report it to us immediately and let us review the problem and take the appropriate actions.

If you feel that a decision has been made arbitrarily you may contact an Administrator privately for clarification. It is against the forum rules to ignore private messages from Forum leaders or Administrators. Publicly denouncing the actions of one of our volunteers can lead to having your membership permanently revoked.