Notices

Question about bipolar and meth use.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about bipolar and meth use.

I was dating a guy for a little over a year and a half and just as of the 5th of this month, he spazzed out on me AGAIN and kicked me out of his life after i walked in on him hiding something under his leg (a syringe).

Anyways, my question is, do drugs make ppl w/ bipolar spazz out uncontrollably and go into super huge fits of rage to the point where they do things that wouldn't otherwise do while sober? I've seen this side of him many times and it's been after he's done meth and it's taken effect. It's scary. So scary to the point where i call the cops out of reflex because it gets so bad that he shoves me and starts doing things such as wrestling my phone out of my hand, deleting numbers, etc.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Bi-Polar is nothing compared to the behavior of an active Meth user. He sounds like a regular run of the mill meth addict to me. Try the family and friends section? :-)
Old 07-28-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

that's not what i was asking. i know he's bipolar but he's also an addict. I was just wondering if drug use can make bipolar worse and make someone act out on an irrational psychotic level. Because that's what i've seen from him every time he's used.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Teenie, In my opinion drugs will make anything worse (well not everything; but a lot).

When I was abusing amphetamines I was like a monster sometimes..The dr has diagnosed me as bipolar.

Get away from this man until/unless he gets help; and kicking methamphetamine/ or amphetamines is no joy ride. It takes hard work.

Good luck to you
Old 07-28-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I have a Personality Disorder (NOS) not Bipolar but a PD nerveless. Meth made me unstable to say the least. My moods were all over the place one minuet from the next on meth. At my best meth made dangerously unstable, at the worst, straight up psychotic.

Be careful.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You may not think so, but it's good that he ended the relationship. You deserve better.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Having a mood disorder and mixing ANY substance creates havoc in the brain...I'm bipolar and when I was using drugs/alcohol it was a messy messy scene....
I can only suggest distancing yourself from him until he cleans his life up.....it will only end in heartache for you...

best wishes
Old 08-08-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

yes, drugs do make people with chemical impalances worse...
Old 08-12-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

yes, this is a recipe for disaster (including very dangerous violence)