Notices

Horrible morning

Old 06-01-2010, 05:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Horrible morning

As I write this my 11 month old is screaming in the other room. I have tried everything to get her to go to sleep and she is over tired and just wont go down. I was so exhausted I put her in her crib and am hoping that she can figure out a way to get to sleep. I have been been rocking her for over an hour. She woke up about 10 times last night. I am so tired.

On top of it, I am feeling really depressed and hopeless. Just needed to vent. Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Hi, gardner!

You are realy doing well. When my kids were such little babies, I always drank. I did not help at all them to sleep. Have a nice day!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by gardner View Post
As I write this my 11 month old is screaming in the other room. I have tried everything to get her to go to sleep and she is over tired and just wont go down. I was so exhausted I put her in her crib and am hoping that she can figure out a way to get to sleep. I have been been rocking her for over an hour. She woke up about 10 times last night. I am so tired.

On top of it, I am feeling really depressed and hopeless. Just needed to vent. Thanks
That Sucks gardener.. Have You Tried Playing Her Classical Music At Low Volume Yet? it Will Get Better.. Take Care
Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

11 months - Won't be a baby for too much longer! :-) Hope today is better.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope you get some rest, I hope stuff gets better. Must be hard with a 11 month old and you must be stressed.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope being able to vent helped!! And I hope both you and your little one have been able to get some rest.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Venting did help a little. I have had such a rough couple of days. I guess I didn't even think about the fact that these kind of days would definitely trigger feelings to just get drunk or go out an buy cigarettes. At least that is something. In all of my emotional turmoil I haven't had any drinking urges. Wow. How times have changed in that respect. And I just realized that even though out the stress of the last few days, I forgot that I was an ex-smoker. I had been having some serious desire to light up again but I didn't even consider that today or yesterday.

I did have a complete anxiety meltdown on monday. I was crying hysterically and my lips started getting this strange feeling as happened when I had an anxiety attack in the past. I couldn't speak sensibly or define why I was having this meltdown and I simply collapsed on the floor. The positive thing was that my daughter didn't witness any of this (it was after she went to bed) and I was able to bring myself out of it eventually by realizing that I couldn't just collapse and give in to the anxiety and needed to pull it together for my daughter. I took a homeopathic anxiety sub-lingual thing and relaxed with some deep breathing.

Between the anxiety attack and today I came to the conclusion that I am suffering from a social anxiety disorder. I have thought this in the past but never really followed through with the cognitive behavorial therapy that one must do to help with the problem. I have an appt with a therapist today.

Thanks for being there to listen. I am 35. Maybe some day I will have a new way of dealing with negative thoughts or maybe I will get to a point where I don't have them at all.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ninja7 View Post
Hi, gardner!

You are realy doing well. When my kids were such little babies, I always drank. I did not help at all them to sleep. Have a nice day!
Thanks for saying this. It made me feel like even though a lot times I feel like a complete failure, there are some triumphs to consider.