Notices

Mental Aspect

Old 05-25-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mental Aspect

I'm wondering if anybody else has the problem that I do. My brain keeps thinking about the pills but not really about wanting them just thinking about them. I have not craved any I just.......I don't really know how to put it into words.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know that feeling I think about crack a lot. Sometimes crave it sometimes just think about it . I know that feeling. Hang in there. I think it's natural to think about drugs we are addicts I think we have to learn to think about other stuff. Distract outselves from thinking about drugs.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not a religious person but I just prayed to God for help and bam..u reply. Thanks. First time I've really had an issue since I stopped you help
Old 05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Closest I had were intense fantasy laden dreams of doing lines right after I quit. Lasted a couple weeks. Booz is what ultimately got me and I still have occasional hard cravings to kill brain cells, but not the pure image visualization you're referring to. You could try some relaxtion exercises that involve visualization. I found the meditation podcast (works on pc too) to be an excellent suppliment early on in my journey. Curious; what kind of pills? I was in heaven when I had a generous supply of vicoprophen (mixed with Steele reserve) after I broke my collar bone. Bikes and booz don't mix, but it is possible to get some real meds as a result (oh that's sick). Wishing you well...
Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For me sobriety was a decision that I have renewed every day. With each renewal came better clarity, less fog, and more of a desire to make that same decision - as it has turned out in spite of all the crazy sh#t that life has a way of handing me. Sobriety hasn't made any of this stuff better, just different. The different for me is that I am less scared, less avoidant, less compulsive, less CRAZY, less, less, less. That's what has really helped the unmanageability of so many things.

Then, for me its simple. Repeat it tomorrow. Hope this doesn't sound hokey, but I've learned that tomorrow is all I can handle sometimes. But then when night comes and I know I'm sober another day, I rejoice, get some rest and then start again tomorrow. Then the days mounted up and time passed before I even thought too much about it.

Thats my story today. Hope it helps.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

strangely enough... even coming to SR and reading others stories, trials, successes, and failures NOW causes me to think about it more than I would otherwise. In the first few days of no med's I was on here all the time and found a great deal of inspiration. Now I find that if I just stop talking and reading about it all the time, it get's further and further away. I'm just on 2 weeks of no pain med's but for me the constant reminder is not the easiest way to "get past them"
Old 05-26-2010, 07:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very good point. I have noticed that. I find myself coming on when mentally its a struggle just so I get a reminder there are others like me going through the same thing. Hope everyone is doing well today. Day 10 is going good. Woke up kinda out of it but I'm much better now that I'm at work staying busy. The encouragement from my wife is the best
Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

oh the yes/ no debate I hate that. I've won it sometimes but not without a lot of trouble. I've kept clean and it's worked but I don't know. I hate that battle.