Notices

ok well that totally sucked... is this normal?

Old 05-20-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ok well that totally sucked... is this normal?

I'm beginning my 7th day and last night was ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Couldn't sleep at all. Probably one of the worst nights since I quit taking this dreadful stuff (5-7 norco 10/325 per day). My 1000 thread count sheets felt like 400grit sand paper. RLS out the wazoo... tossed and turned and tossed and turned and tossed and turned.... you get the idea

Just yesterday I posted about how good I slept the night before and I thought I was over the really rough (physical) part. But, after last night I'm not so sure. One encouraging thing was the complete lack of "craving" my pain medicine even though it's in the bathroom cabinet. I probably slept 1-2 hours total (not solid) and around 5 this morning I had had enough. Got up, took a long hot shower and then just chilled till the house woke. (got my dose of antiques roadshow )

is it normal to have "episodes" like that? if so how long does that miserable feeling usually last? I can't wait to get back to NORMAL

thanks and any advice is welcome and appreciated.

John
Old 05-20-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Spiritual Being

I personally have never encountered what you described. Usually once it starts getting better it doesn't get worse unless you relapse and start the whole process over. Though I'm not a believer in it, there is something called Post Acute Withdrawal System where one can have withdrawal symptoms for months and months.
I haven't read any of your other posts so I don't know if you're doing this with the aid of medical advice but you probably should. Plus, the pills that you have in the cabinet are a relapse waiting to happen.
I hope your day 8 is better my friend. Keep us posted.
Peace
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I totally understand when you say keeping medicine (prescribed) around is just asking for a relapse. But I really have suffered so much the last few days that there's no way in hell I'm doing that to myself again. I know many folks have said it and weren't able to hold fast, but I (hope) it doesn't have to be the same for everyone. The chronic disc/nerve problem that got me into this mess can and has been COMPLETELY DEBILITATING at times. If all I have on hand is some extra strength Tylenol, I could be in some serious pain with nothing but a trip to the emergency room as a way to get it under control.

I'm struggling with how to deal with the actual pain on a long term basis. I'm still "not quite" surgical (per my pm/surgeon) I just figure I need to deal with the everyday pain OTC and go from there.

The last 2 nights (other than last night) and days have been progressively better. More energy, better mood, better appetite, but Man-O-Man... last night was freaking horrible. I hope it was just "one of those things". I'm actually nervous about trying to go to sleep tonight. How's that for f'ckd up?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me; hydrocodone (Norco) ALWAYS ramps up tensions. I despise the stuff; even when I abused it!

I would NEVER suggest an addict with *real* pain issues be denied opiates if needed......but please discuss these problems with your doc. Perhaps your hydroodone can be tapered down; or other meds employed.

My experience has been that most of this stuff can be avoided by proactive and *always* frank and honest discussion with your doc. My troubles have ALWAYS followed my taking things into my own hands!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe some kind of pain management could help if you have chronic pain problems like have someone you TRUST handle your norcos and give them to you as perscribed. Myself if I kept norco in my med cabnet I am dead already because I am simply not strong enough to do that.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hugs I'm sorry you feel bad, hang in their it will get better but it might take a while... Hugs <3
Old 05-20-2010, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I recommend a visit to the doctor for help and advice. I have read that vitamins help with some of the RLS and melatonin for sleep. I do not know what these OTC supplements interfere with, so please, please check, but many peeps at NA have told of their benefits. Hot showers and baths helped with my RLS and Gatorade with sweats etc. I also need to say I am still on a low dose of suboxone, so withdrawal was 3 days until I started the regimen. That is nothing in the scale of things. I always try to think of where I will be in 2 months. That imagery really helps me. FUnny movies and happy tv shows as well. Stay away from Intervention and addicted for awhile. I am still praying and thinking of you honey. Hang in there. I found that my back pain has been much more manageable with no more highs and lows to it. Naprosyn has become much more effective as well. I am still in pm and physical therapy. They all know about my addiction and abuse of the pain meds and were in no way judgmental. They know the perils of prescribing this and had no clue I was ordering more on the Internet. I presented myself as goddy goody with no problems. HA - what a joke!

Do not give up. Those children and wife need you as a real person. Love and hugs!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks again for all the kind words, advice and well wishes. I have started taking some vitamins, stopped all caffeine LONG before bedtime, and continue to remind myself of the agony of the last few days and why a repeat must be avoided at all costs. I have a appointment with my pain management Dr. next week and plan on telling him that I've quit taking EVERYTHING. I know he'll be proud of me and support my decision because of past conversations we've had. I am going to ask specifically about more physical therapy and for his advice on a more natural approach to the withdrawal and continued pain management.