Notices

Grateful for New Lease on Life

Old 02-27-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful for New Lease on Life

I just completed my first week at my new job and words can not express how grateful I am to be in my position. So far I really like my job, my salary, my benefits and am still in shock I am finally employed doing something I love. I've got myself to thank largely for working so hard over the years at fostering my journalistic skills, searching for jobs almost everyday, preparing for my interview and maybe most importantly staying clean and sober. Thursday I celebrated 7 months sober and in a little over a week I will celebrate 6 months off marijuana. I also have SR and all it's wonderful members, chat room, forum and resources to thank for guiding me through the struggles of recovery, depression and anxiety. I also thank SMARTRecovery which, though I have only used for a few months now, has been a great resource. I also have my therapists and psychiatrist to thank for helping me to help myself keep me sane. The universe has thrown me several signs this week that I'm on the right track and that I am now being rewarded for all I've toiled through. Even when bad times do come, I feel more prepared to face them head-on because I'm not dousing my brain with unneeded chemicals.

To anyone still struggling in early recovery or with a mental illness, keep holding on because things can get better if you work at it and be mindful of your thoughts and beliefs. Refute those negative thoughts and urges and point out how irrational they are. Get to meetings if those help you. Use our forums and chat room as often as you can. Things won't get better on their own. And try, even when the negatives seem to outweigh the positives in your life, to hold on to and be grateful for what is going right in your life.

Keep fighting and someday you'll be able to post about how grateful you are for all your newfound blessings.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you are moving forward ...