Notices

So thankful for my job

Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up So thankful for my job

Going on day #34 w/o weed!
I feel that I have my job to thank for a large part of my success. I work in the human services/rehabilitation field w/ folks who have varying degrees of abilities. I'm endlessly amazed at the challenges some of our clients are met with daily, not by any choice of their own, and they manage to perservere and overcome them by staying motivated and being determined to succeed. And to think I voluntarily crippled my body and mind daily, by choice, all of these years. r
I am so blessed in knowing that everyday I show up for work, I am guaranteed to witness a miracle of some sort. I used to not recognize them all, but I feel like my abilities to see the miracles unfolding in my own life make it easier to recognize it in others. A dear man I recently met through a community gathering made a comment that has stuck with me big time. He said, "You can't help take someone to a place you haven't yet found yourself." Amen to that! Thank you all for being a part of my journey to that place I need to find myself. I hope we all continue to find our way together.

Peace and hugs!!!!!!!!