Notices

Stuff that really happened

Old 01-25-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

I'm going to try this again - Stupid Internet is schizophrenic since a windstorm this morning. That was a very brave post.

"Then Friday night, met up with the girls and went to bar after bar after bar, drinking, doing lines until 3am. Nothing special happened that night. Nothing out of the ordinary."

Yeah! I'm glad that was followed up with "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING!!!!"

Perfect statement. :-) Our stories are different, I was a introverted drunk. I hid away from people. Maybe you hid best when with people. I knew it was time for me to put my big girl panties on when I was beaten to a pulp. Unfortunately, so was my family. AA is an interesting place. Full of every kind of person you can imagine. We are all connected in a very deep meaningful way. Try to go to at least 10 different meetings before forming any kind of opinion. Have you introduced yourself as an alcoholic yet?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for taking the time to write that, i read it all...wow:-)

I'm glad you have got your backside down to AA and hope you will keep letting us know how you are getting on. I guess my story would be the male version of yours, Mum and all! No kids though.

Good to see you here on SR!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi again Jen...
Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

No... my story is not like yours or Alizerin's either.
The common thread tho is the same.....
we are strong...smart...survivors!

Your going to meet so many more....all who were seeking
a new beginning ...a fresh start within the program of AA.

You too can change into the woman you want to be.
I have and it's an awesome adventure....

Blessings to you and your family as you move forward.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Clear away the wreckage of the past!.

Excellent, detailed, interesting and well written, topped off with it all being true. As true as everybody else's story, brilliant buy as Carol D so rightly says we all get here by different routes, also very, very true however if you can pony up for or borrow a copy of the book,'Alcoholics Anonymous' and turn to page 164, the last para., says,'Clear away the wreckage of the past' amongst other things, it might also be a good idea to read ,'The Doctors Opinionp.xxv and all the other pages to, but like the ad. says,'Just do it!', the time is now, the past is gone, the futur yet to come, what have you got to lose, except yourself. I wish you all the things I wish myself, take care, Michael.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Saying your an alcoholic can do a couple things. It can make it real, it annouces that you're a newcomer to the group, (chances are they know you are anyway) and it helps solidify acceptance. It's much harder to go back and have tons of fun Once it's admitted. Last but not least, it gives those with multiple years of sobriety a chance to give back. To be there for you like others were for them. It's a big reason why people with 20+ years still go to meetings.

I'm anxiously waiting to hear about meeting number two and your thoughts on it. the good, the bad, and the ugly. I live for this stuff.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you on writing all that out!!! Being honest with yourself is so very important and sharing that honesty makes you accountable. We are powerless over alcohol and accepting that truth is the first step towards recovery.