Notices

When the pupil is ready . . . . .

Old 12-04-2009, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When the pupil is ready . . . . .

Some time ago, whilst attending an AA meeting I was sat next to a long time member who had been sober many years, at one point I said to him,"You know Joe, I've been doing this for years and it doesn't seem to work", he replied,"May be it just isn't your time yet." I was both taken aback and shocked, thinking he would have revealed the,'magic trick', that would end my suffering.

Some years past, my drinking and therefore my suffering continued and the depths of my existence plunged to an all time low. One night I literally crawled to my bed and prayed to the God of my understanding as I've never prayed before, I felt myself reaching new spiritual depths.

As I have recorded on previous threads I had, what I believe, a,'spiritual experience', my desire for alcohol was taken from me and I entered a new dimension of experience.

An old Buddhist saying goes,'When the pupil is ready, the teacher appears' so I hope this happens to all those who suffer, you don't have to sink to my depths, remember what the,'Big Book' says,'Those who thoroughly follow are path.'

Saleh, Mike W.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice post Mike.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, in practice it actually works brilliantly, as a teacher you have to at least initially present yourself whilst doing little, very often the pupils readiness can be assessed by their degree of acceptance of your prescence in their life. Michael.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks Mike