mini rant

Old 11-30-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mini rant

Like my mom.

In some ways i don't like how I'm turning out like my mom. in other ways i guess its kind of good that I am.

I don't like how I'm turning into mom in the fact that I'm sick all the time. But i know, me being like this helps, cause i understand how she feels. Because i know dad and sarah dont know what its like to feel crappy all the time. But it's hard cause i want to go out and do stuff. But sometimes i just feel limited because of how i get sick so easy. But i know i do way more stuff than my mom. I am more active than her because i try not to let it get me down. But there are times when i'm just like "Screw this, i'm staying home and sleeping!" But then i know dad and sarah are like "Why is she staying home? She's always sick!" Which hurts and makes things worse for me.

Today I'm feeling very rigid. And Bitchy, and snarky. But that also means i could probably have a breakdown. So. Eh. *Shrugs*

Just as long as I don't turn into a lost puppy like mom. And have to depend on everyone else. I'll be happy.

I guess thats it for now.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 03fifteen View Post
...Just as long as I don't turn into a lost puppy like mom. And have to depend on everyone else. I'll be happy....
That sounds like a very healthy goal to me, and from your post it seems like you are making progress.

I can relate, cuz I wanted to be _different_ than my father. He was a drunk, irresponsible, undependable and nasty.

I tried to be _opposite_ to him, which made me over-responsible, super-dependable and _so_ nice I ended up being a co-dependant. I learned that being in any _extreme_ is unhealthy, and that I have to maintain balance. Al-anon is helping me learn how to do that.

I guess these feelings are common with us ACoA's

Mike
Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am also turning into my mother
but my mother isn't like yours.

we both get tired and feel crappy, but not so much any more