I love my roommate

Old 11-15-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I love my roommate

Not romantically if that's what you're thinking, lol.

It's such a weird feeling to be honest with all of you. I have plenty of "friends" and even more acquaintances than I can count, but I feel like I've really found a friend in her. We call ourselves friends rather than roommates now. I've never shared anything about my parents with her, but we have shared quite a bit with each other, and she confided an instances of sexual abuse (well... not quite sexual, but it could have led there) with me.

We're so much alike, and from what she's told me, she used to have the same problems of anxiety and such that I try to work out right now. She's a very healthy person, stable, hard-working, and just very much like me. It's almost as if we feed off of each others' good energy. She actually listens to me when I speak, which is different because usually I'm left doing all of the listening unfortunately...

I was just thinking about it this morning, and realized that I do love her. I don't think I've ever loved a friend before. It's such a foreign but great thing! This might be a bit off-topic here (my posts seem to be doing that lately), but I just had to share this.

Has anyone ever experienced this sense of awe at loving another person/having a healthy relationship with someone else for once?
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dunno,

there are times that I realize that I dearly care for the people around me.
I'm still iffy on the healthy relationship thing, but yeah, I know what you mean

DM
Old 12-01-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I do feel sometimes that I love the people I've around me. For instant I'm glad for having a friend of mine, let's call her 'S', which has been a close friend of mine for almost 6yrs now, we "broke up" as friends when we were younger. We were close as I would count her as my "sister", even people around us though we were sister because we were so 'alike' eachother. After the disput that broke our friendship, she has finnally forgiven me and we can go on as friends. I'm thankful and grateful of having her in my life. And I do belive she's one of the persons 'I love'. Therefore, to say, that I love her 'like I love my family, my brother and my relatives'. A different kind of 'love', compared to what I feel towards my companion, partner and friend ('soulmate'). She would be the 'female' soulmate though.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

im glad you have found a relationship that feels safe and stable.