Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VII

Old 11-08-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Fantabulous Secular Connections Check-in Part VII

Time for a new thread. Tyler, I bet you never thought we'd get to part seven!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-vi-20.html
Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gypsy Feet View Post
I am freezing, and I live in sunny so cal, and its only down to 60 outside, and Im freezing

When the temperature decided to drop, it really dropped! Our cats went from laying out length wise in the sun to curled up in a ball in one hour.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sounds like me Alera, but the other way around, I'm sure I am suffering from hot flushes.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Doing well. Kinda ticked off. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but last night I stopped at the convenience store and this girl I used to do drugs with was the cashier; she wasn't someone I liked being around and I only did drugs with her maybe two times. Honestly, if I'd known she was working there I would have gone somewhere else. Anyway, I guess she decided I was high. Later on she texted me and said she knows how I act when I'm high and she knows I'm doing drugs and she thinks I'm a big hypocrite because I quit hanging out with her due to her drug use. Truth be told, I haven't been perfect, it's been a bumpy road. But for her to tell me she knew I was doing meth (haven't touched it in 5 months... today!!!!! YAY for 5 months!!) based on what she arbitrarily decided.... oh it made me mad! I texted her back that she doesn't know what she's talking about and if she was going to accuse me like that she needed something to back it up. And not to talk to me again. Then I deleted her from my phone. So good riddance to her.

I still have to see her in class though. Argh.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Good for you gneiss and congratulations.

I thought I had a cold but now I think it's allergies. My snot's clear.

The flu has been going around the work place and whatnot and I'm dodging it the best I can.

Hello everyone.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks Bam. And yay for clear snot! Haha. I'd say it's allergy season but I take my allergy meds year-round, it never goes away. Blah. I want to move somewhere nice and arid again, where I at least get winters off.

It's funny how long the rationalizations stick with me. I still kinda feel like my drug use was understandable, if not justified. But guess what? It's really not. Accepting that is a bit of a process.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Alera View Post
Time for a new thread. Tyler, I bet you never thought we'd get to part seven!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-vi-20.html
That is indeed true!!! It took over a year and a half to fill up the first one, less than three and a half months on the lastest incarnation!!! Roll on!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Love them anyway...

Hey guyz~

Thought I would say hello. I have been lurking off and on Hope everyone is well!!

:ghug2
Old 11-08-2009, 09:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Originally Posted by tyler View Post
It took over a year and a half to fill up the first one, less than three and a half months on the lastest incarnation!!
That's awesome. I'm doing my part. Haha I guess I always have something to say!

Brae, good to see you back. I love it when the lurkers come out. I'm pretty talkative here but I have other lists where I haven't said anything in months. I'm starting to feel like the weird creepy guy in the corner at mixers. You know, the one in the Cosby sweater and large glasses.

Adios for now, I'm sleepy. I just read a couple papers for classmates and, as usual, scientific writing puts me to sleep. It's actually kinda cool stuff but the writing is just so dry!

Sweet dreams, everyone.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, Brae.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Had a mellow week end. No drinky drugy, just nice relaxation. So today is get out and about and engage in the world.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Flu came back last night. I spent a good hour having a love affair with the toilet in the late evening and still having some dizzy spells today. I was going to relax playing a video game but now I'll be lucky if I can watch some TV. I have Patton sitting here begging to be watched but don't know if it will make me too dizzy. I'm going to give it a try.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Doctor time, Alera?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Doctor time, Alera?
I'm okay. My fever is still low enough and I'm not throwing up on a regular basis. Its too late for tamiflu so not much he could do anyway.

Around here, since its too early for the seasonal flu, its considered the N1H1 and for some reason our county has had more than its share of deaths. Considering my doc treats a lot of high risk patients (and our county still doesn't have enough shots to even treat high risk kids much less adults) I don't want to spread this around to people who can get a lot sicker than me. Thanks for the thought Bam. I do appreciate it.

I am going to watch Patton today once my sister wakes up.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Never settle.

I had a productive day today! I really needed one. I've been spending considerable amounts of time on the couch. I was hired for weekend work and a few hours during the week. So in practice that has meant I work weekends and not during the week. I only have 9 hours of classes, so that means I am spending a lot of time doing nothing. And for me, down time = drug time. Not that I'm back to it; I control it by keeping busy. I felt myself getting that old feeling, "Man, I'd like a beer." And if I had one the next thought would be, "Man, I'd like some dope." Been there. So today I dragged myself out of bed in time to work at 8:00 (my sleep schedule is messed up because of all my couch time... I sleep a lot). I worked an 8-hour shift then went to my two evening classes. All told I did 14 hours today. And it felt great! And I'll have a pretty fay paycheck for it... well, relative to my last paycheck anyway.

And I came home in a good mood for the first time in weeks, which put my roommate in a good mood and we're not at each others' throats for once. I think we needed some time apart... he's also spent considerable amounts of time on the couch. And he went to look for a job today, after weeks of talking about how he's going to get a job "tomorrow." (That's been a major source of arguments. He's not working and behind on his half of the rent, which means he owes me because I've been covering it plus groceries and my own bills. It stresses me out and I feel like I'm basically his b!tch because I'm doing all the work and I get mad and we fight about it. Looking for work is a pretty nice acknowledgment that it's time for him to pull his own weight... well, that and the fact that he said he felt like a loser because I'm doing all the work while he plays poker on F@cebook all day).

While he was out he stopped by a martial arts studio and picked up a brochure. Once he has a paycheck he wants to start. And he's got me talked into it as well I think. The women's class is combined Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Thai kickboxing, but for the monthly fee I can take as many classes as I want, up to 6 hours per day... though roomie warned me I probably will be dead tired after about 30 minutes to start. He's done this sort of stuff before, I have not. I was an orchestra and drama club nerd, went to competitions in nerdy things like Odyssey of the Mind. He was invited to the Olympic wrestling team. Only drawback is that I have to go get contact lenses before I start. Apparently kickboxing and eyeglasses are not compatible.

Wow. I'm talkative. I really feel good today, I feel social again. I don't feel like a boring, pathetic lump. I'm not so stressed out, I don't feel like my roommate's a complete jerk. It's great. I love it. I have an early class tomorrow and then I have to take my roommate for his court date (nothing crazy, just a child support hearing... I take it back. His ex is crazy :P), so I get to be semi-productive tomorrow, too!

I'm a little bummed that I have to skip a department function on Thursday. Usually one of the energy companies that pays for everything else in the department sponsors all the students to attend this event. I like going, it's a great opportunity to meet industry people which helps employment prospects and it's also good to meet professional geologists. After all, I could train most simians to distinguish between a sandstone and a granite; but--as with any profession-- there's more to being a good geologist. This year no funding came to pay for dinner and it's a little pricey for me. But there are other functions during the year, so I'll just have to go to those. I like this one though because it is strictly alcohol-free; the others are not.

Aight... I'll stop babbling. Great day!
Old 11-11-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Having a mellow day...ahaaa...serenity in sobriety...
Old 11-11-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

stomach flu for 5 days. ugh. i was a Yoohoo factory. lol
Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you had the stomach flu Windy. The N1H1 hit me in the gut just as hard as the head and chest. It still comes and goes so take care of yourself okay? Chicken Gumbo will probably help to keep the immune system strong so you don't get it back.

Speaking of Chicken Gumbo, the family recipe went when my grandmother died. With this flu, I'd love to make some so if you have a recipe or even a way you cook from scratch, could you pass it my way?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Checking in
Old 11-14-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good to see you CaliforniaPoppy. Appreciate you stopping by the new thread.