Notices

A hot mess...

Old 10-21-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A hot mess...

...well that's what my mama would have called it anyway.

Three days ago, I was in the middle of a five day drinking binge. I'd go to work - sober but hung over - and couldn't wait to get off work so I could drink. Then I'd consume either a bottle of strong wine or two, depending on if I ate - and then I'd pass out.

I woke up yesterday morning, hung over again, and realized that I could not do this anymore. I called in to work and just took the whole day to look at myself and reflect upon what I needed to do. I'm just now coming to terms to how many people I've hurt and what all I've missed in my years as an active alcoholic...but I'm taking it one day at a time, like they say. And I'm ready to do the work that it takes to get sober.

It comes down to this - I've lost too many people and I don't want to lose the man I love and the friends I have. But most of all, I don't want to lose my life.

That's where I'm at.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel ya sista! I wish you the best!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's the way to do it!

Well whatever your misfortunes to date, the decisions you have made now and the actions you take or all that matter, but keep it simple, do it for yourself and that man you love willlove you all the mor e for it. I am so pleased for you,Michael.