Notices

Just A Rant :)

Old 09-24-2009, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Just A Rant :)

Hello! Not new to sober recovery but not a veteran either! Besides how long I've been posting and reading on this site, I must say that being sober or drug and alcohol free has been a roller-coaster ride for me. I get to feeling better after abstaining for a while, then I get temptations to do things like drink. I think through getting tempted and understand past consequences from it. A Spiritual path has been so far more compatible with my personality and my values and morals and ethics; all of which seem to come back over time and I work on making them stronger, almost like a defensive network against my temptations to use. So, my addiction right now seems to be playing on my weaknesses and like a living obstacle, wants too provide me with a quick answer or false pretense to drink and use drugs and I recognize that now and am in the beginning stages of learning about this aspect of my addictions. I choose to not drink or use drugs, I choose to learn through my steps and I choose to abstain.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks for sharing your resolve with us
All my best as you move forward

Welcome back to SR
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Spiritual path

Thank you for your rant, I can identify with you, personally I find the biggest danger for me is 'self will', I have to remember I am powerless over people, places and institutions otherwise I can soon start falling prey to temptation, a spiritual path works for me too.