Notices

New Years Eve/Day 2009

Old 07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Years Eve/Day 2009

I had never had a drink until I met my recent Ex B 5-6 years ago. Since I never drank before that I thought it was fun, and it started that way. My ExB had been drinking for years and it was an ammount of time before he started becoming abusive while drinking. There was all sorts of excuses bad day, his bad luck with his past etc. Before long I started drinking more to keep up and or deal with his behavior to keep him around.

I kept drinking until I found that I was pregnant in March of 2008. I sobered up because of my daughter, but he kept drinking. The threats and abuse just got worse the further along I went in the pregnancy. I wanted to drink, couldnt because of my daughter. He had promised to quit when she was born, but didnt. I was getting fed up with his drinking and could see where I might end up i years if I continued on the path I was on before pregnancy.

In alot of ways she saved my life. When on January 1st he got drunk was throwing things and these things were landing inches from our daughters head. She was only two and a half months old. Police were called and he kicked us both out into a womens shelter. I made my move there, left to go be with family in Colorado. Of course Quit drinking at that point. I wont say I haven't fallen but have been able to pick myself up again.

I have recently thought about drinking again whe I accidently called his phone number one night. My lawyer said no contact with him. Now he is calling me when he is drunk, grrrr. I am worried if my lawyer is going to be mad at me and quit because I accidently did this. Because we are in a custody situation I cant affor that happening.

But I keep watching my daughter grow she is 9 months now and learning more every day. I try to look at things new through her eyes. She helped me make up my mind on what is important in life. I am still working to stay on that road her myself and her!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

I'm so glad you escaped an abusive relationship
Good for you!

I strongly suggest you come clean with your lawyer.
It's not wise to keep secrets from those who are assisting you.

I'd also find out how to change your number.
No point in listening to drunks.

Blessings to you and your daughter.