Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Where Were You?
Reload this Page >

you can't eat your meat before you eat your pudding stand still laddie

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

I just joined up yesterday so this hasn't faded from my memory. Emotionally I was having a very touchy agitated day and I felt like I was trudging through a foggy swamp. My recovery is going great but in transition. By great I don't particularly feel great but I am learning alot and old habits are peeling off. Early recovery meant lots of AA meetings but at eleven months I feel like the actions that I am taking with the steps and meshing with real life. I have stopped the dead end jobs by going back to school to get my CNA 1 license and finished. Today will be my first official application at a nursing home.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SHARING THE LOAD

Red face

My time here has been a awesome experience. Tommorow I'll be taking my CNA exam. Wish me luck. I like SR as there are so many new friends linking up and sharing. It's tough to show up personally to meetings and SR makes it a little easier to reach out.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Firehazard View Post
My time here has been a awesome experience. Tommorow I'll be taking my CNA exam. Wish me luck. I like SR as there are so many new friends linking up and sharing. It's tough to show up personally to meetings and SR makes it a little easier to reach out.
Good luck Firehazard, you can do this. I remember when you first came on, you reminded me of a friend Firestorm that I was worrying about (still am actually).

I am so happy to see that you are moving forward & that such positive things are happening in your life.

Good Luck & kick ass on that exam, I am sure you will rock it... don't worry if you don't pass right away though, sometimes the best lessons are learned the second time around.

Take care & all of the best,

NB
Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck to you Firehazard. Staying sober for 11 months and taking steps to change your life around is great to hear. All the best to you.