Notices

How I Got Here

Old 06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How I Got Here

I Decided enough was enough and was googling problems with Drinking and found this site .
This is my second day without a drink !!! which is really amazing for me , I can honestly admit i have been drinking for at least 20 yrs without a break can,t really beleive i am still here, but i am.
This is my second day and i can,t beleive i am feeling ok , no withdrawal or anything bad !
I do feel a little strange, very confused, i can,t remember much of who i am but hoping my memory will come back, or maybe i have killed too many brain cells, i don,t know ?
I have been browsing this forum most of the day and i feel it has given me strengh.
Can it be possible that i won,t get any withdrawal symptons or could it still come after 2 days ?
This is amazing for me , I feel i have hope at last.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Foot-
Glad you found this site. . . it has really helped me through some tough times. . . ive tried to quit opiates cold turkey a couple times... im back to bad things right now though. (which is why im on here at this moment... trying to quit again...)
My withdrawal didnt come the first night... but the second night. You said you are at 2 days right? I hope that you keep from the withdrawal... are you taking vitamins? excersiing? there are a few good ways to minimalize the bad ****.
Let me ask you a few things: how much were you drinking? every day? beer or booze? any drugs?
My memory gets bad when i go through withdrawal... actually... when i get dope sick, i sneeze all the time too.
If you need anything, at all. . . feel free to message me... even if you just need to vent.

We are here for you and want you to know that.
all my best.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thankyou 80son my mind, i hope you can stay strong hun, I don,t exercise or take vitamins don,t really know what i should be doing, i was drinking between a litre and normal size bottle voddy a day , i don,t do drugs but my bro and son are pretty heavy in to drugs, my ex husband was a alcolhic , he used to melt shoe polish on the stove and drink it in with his cider, a very close friend of ours used to inject spirits i found him dead in the bath one day.
I never drank then and could never imagine in a million years that i would ever venture down the same road yet here i am with a problem! but i am going to beat mine, stay strong my friend.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi follyfoot.
Welcome. Good additude. One day down, then another. Hang on, you are doing great. Stay busy. When those crazy thoughts come popping into your head, that is the desease talking; it just wants a drink, push them away, reward yourself.
If you need encouragement or need to talk, just PM me.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi follyfoot.
Welcome. Good additude. One day down, then another. Hang on, you are doing great. Stay busy. When those crazy thoughts come popping into your head, that is the desease talking; it just wants a drink, push them away, reward yourself.
If you need encouragement or need to talk, just PM me.