Notices

I was stuck.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I was stuck.

Well, I found this site just a few days ago...I had just had enough.
I'm a speed/LSD addict working to get clean but the other night I was struggling big time. I was coming down off a high, feelin depressed, feelin like I was stuck in a rut. I felt exhausted and run down and whenever I tried to sleep I would just end up in a fit of nightmares. It consumed me so I was lookin for a place for some help and found this.

I'm 17, and me and my dad live in an apartment. Both of us now, have dealt with drugs...except he doesn't know about my part yet. My dad, a heroin addict, now 6 months sober (Go dad!!), has given me a little hope. He's also made me look at myself and what I'm doing, I guess. I'm on my day 5, however I've never made it past 7 days..so we'll see if this time is gonna be different.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the site. How did your dad get clean? Does he go to meetings? Have you considered telling him about your own drug abuse?

Try not to talk yourself out of getting well - tell yourself that day 7 will be just like any other day - and it will be. Recovery is possible, no matter what.

Glad you found us.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

My dad got clean after many many many tries. He goes to meetings every once in a while...maybe like once a week.

I've considered telling him, but I'm not gonna go into that much because everybody has a different opinion on if I should or shouldn't do it, and frankly, I don't want to hear it. It just ends up confusing me more. It's my choice when to tell him. I know him better than anyone else on here, anyhow.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are in a great position to help your father through this. Also he is in a great position to help you. All in all you are in a very good spot, someone to understand who loves you is invaluable. Maybe it's time to join up and you can start helping eachother. It's always better to have support. Good luck!