Notices

when I found soberrecovery.com

Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile when I found soberrecovery.com

Hey everyone.. I remember sitting in rehab & my counselor pulled up this website and printed out a sample "goodbye letter" to your drug of choice and the whole idea of a internet sober community is brilliant, I finally feel like I can open up and be honest about my victories, struggles, and whatever else happens on the road to recovery here on this website. THank God for this page!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community...

I see you found our Newcomers Forum..
Great!

Blessings
Old 12-02-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
new and scared. :(

Originally Posted by marleyluvsjesus View Post
Hey everyone.. I remember sitting in rehab & my counselor pulled up this website and printed out a sample "goodbye letter" to your drug of choice and the whole idea of a internet sober community is brilliant, I finally feel like I can open up and be honest about my victories, struggles, and whatever else happens on the road to recovery here on this website. THank God for this page!
Hi Marley, glad you found us too! I am really not good about talking about my feelings and opening up, so the internet forum is perfect for me.

I was sitting at my desk at work on Sunday when I found this forum. I was feeling lost, scared, sick, panicky, and out of control, and i googled hangover/anxiety and a post popped up from someone on this forum. I read it and it was exactly what I was going thru. I continued to read and a light bulb went on in my head. I had found hope.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was waiting to attend my first Al-Anon meeting. My AH is in his fourth day of inpatient-expected to last 10-14 days with IOP for 5 weeks after. I'm more than a little scared of the changes that will be coming when he returns home and spent several hours googling looking for some help and insights..Mainly I need to figure out what my role is in his recovery