My 30st birthday

Old 09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ctt

My 30st birthday

I think I did this to myself.
Four years ago I left the country and the continent to marry somone. I have seen my famyly 2 times a year. My dad is an alcoholic and my mom and borther are codependents. I am a codependent.

I decided before turning 30 to do 3 things. Climbing to the Everest base camp, learning how to ride a bike and moving back to Europe. I did all this in 3 months. I did it all and it was easy.

In 3 months I live again in Europe and I have a great job and a good husband who followed me here from America.

For my birthday I wanted my mom to come and see me for a couple of days. But I found out that my brother was moving out so I wanted my mom to move out with him. In six months since I have seen my mom she has lost a lot of her mental capacity. she was always very sharp and ver smart. Now she can't remmember things and she does odd things.

I told her that shee needs to move out and she should do that for my birthday. |
That is not important to come and visit me that is more important to save herself and move out. I told her that if she doesn't I will not talk to her again because it hurts too much.

I told her she needs to give me an answer today.

There is no answer from her, 3 days away from the time she shoould've bought a plain ticket.

Now I am very depressed for my birthday: my mom is not coming to visit me, she is not moving out and she is loosing her mind.

I did so much in 3 months: I hiked to the Everest base camp while doing 6 interviews thru the phone for my job so I can be closer to them. And my mom wouldn't do anything for me.

But in the end I have nothing. I have lost my mom forever.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're in so much pain over this, but remember people have to make their own choices and choosing not to do what you asked doesn't mean she doesn't still love you. And you can love her and still keep her out of your life for your own sanity.

I wish you peace as you deal with this situation.