Notices

When I found SR...

Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

When I found SR...

I was home with my 5-year-old son, feeling like I've felt too many times before... alone, frustrated, ashamed, angry at myself, and desperate for help.

It was only yesterday that I somehow stumbled upon this website. I don't even remember what Google search I did to find it, but I'm glad I found it. I checked out a few others before I found SR and SR immediately stood out as more compassionate, more friendly, and more my "style" than the others. So I started reading, and soon I started crying.

I could identify with the posts here WAY too much. I suddenly realized that this could be a place where I can FINALLY be honest... where maybe, just maybe, I can actually get some stuff off my chest after all this time. A place that might just be able to give me the inspiration and confidence to confront my demons and attempt to cage them once and for all.

Yesterday morning, BEFORE I found this site, I woke up and poured out the remains of my hidden vodka stash, the stash I had gotten wasted on Monday night. I didn't hesitate, I didn't stop to think about it, I didn't wonder if I should or shoudn't... I just poured it down the drain and threw away the bottle. Then I started searching for support group web sites.

Just over 24 hours later and I'm already using the site as a support tool. I'm already having more positive thoughts and starting to see things a little more clearly. Thanks for that.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Prettymuch how I found it, and thank God I did. In the short time on here I have met some great people. My children are the anchor in my life so beating this while not a breeze, will be done. I want my kids to be able to look up at me, not down as I pass-out from another bender. Just one minute at a time, then an hour and so fourth and so on. Best of luck with your journey.

Shawn