Notices

Please help - where to go to get diagnosed

Old 06-15-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Please help - where to go to get diagnosed

My friend is very sick, and is also very broke, with no health insurance. Does anybody know where he can go to get diagnosed as to what is wrong with him. He knows he is sick and is getting worse and worse. His life has become unmanageable. I have offered countless times to pay for him, but he will not accept it. Are there any free/low cost clinics he can go to to talk to someone and get diagnosed.

Please help.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Alice Kate;

Here is the information that MG gave you on your last post. I have highlighted the pertinent part here.
Hi Alice Kate.

This is from the LA department of mental health.

For free, confidential mental health information, referrals to service providers, and crisis counseling at any day or time, call our 24/7 ACCESS CENTER at 1-800-854-7771.

I know you care about him, but he will have to go in willingly for help if he wants it. If he chooses not to get help there is nothing you can do. I would also be very careful. You can never be sure that someone won't harm you. He is unstable right now and you need to protect yourself. Maybe meeting him in public places would be a good idea for now if you continue to see him.

If he refuses to get help then I would consider breaking ties and moving on. I really think you may be in danger right now. Please be very careful.

Hugs,
MG
I sincerely hope you take this information to heart.
I wish you the best. It may be helpful for you to look into naranon or alanon meetings too. Learn to detach with love, and recognize what belongs to you, and what it *his* part in his recovery. You didn't cause it; you can't control it; and you can't cure it. So, please don't get sucked down into the vortex of addiction hell. It happens before you know it.

Please let us know how it goes, and how you are doing. We care.

Shalom!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
i just fade away

I know what your friend is going through. I just got diagnosed 2 weeks ago with BiPolar, and it turned my life around. i didnt know anything was wrong until my Fiance told me i needed to talk to someone. it was hard for me to find a clinic to go to, but i found one from the state hospital, and im so glad i did. it is the best thing your friend can do, there is always people willing to help, it just turns into how hard you are willing to look for them. tell your friend not to give up hope, and he will get it back under control!