Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

BP Town -- Open to anyone who rides the rollar coaster Pt II

Notices

BP Town -- Open to anyone who rides the rollar coaster Pt II

Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Talking BP Town -- Open to anyone who rides the rollar coaster Pt II

Time for a new thread! The other one got too long and can slow down the server.

For your convenience, here's the link for the first one:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...oaster-21.html

Look forward to seeing everyone here in BP Town!

"Where life is beautiful all the time,
And I look forward to see those nice young men
In their clean white suits
And they're coming to take me away, aha!
To the Funny Farm!" :rof

Shalom!
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hippy,

I hope you find your cat soon, too...

And I think Judith is right about getting your doc to sign an afidavid about a change in the meds being dangerous.
I wish you the best...

Shalom!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not caught up, just want to say hi, been in West Palm Beach. No, it wasn't for fun.
The VA hospital drives me out of my mind.....and so does my sister.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Live))))

Why at the VA hospital?
Did ya get to have *any* fun at all?

Shalom!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No fun. Totally bad scene for both of us. That is where hubs goes to VA hospital.

My shrink allows me to drink socially, but I am ever cautious and scared of it. Where does sis insist we meet? A bar! I can handle two. Somehow my two never emptied?
She was keeping them full. Next thing I know BAM and I fell and cut my head, wound up in the hospital.
I know I should have said no, but I swear I was talking rationally to niece and didn't notice until it was too late.
And I hadn't drank anything at all since January! I don't need this.
I wrote her an email and told here how the alcohol is magnified by the meds and I could have OD'd and won't socialize in a bar anymore. (She's in one everynight)
I am really upset. I have spelled this out to her clearly before. WHY would she have the waitress keep refilling drinks without me knowing? I don't like her right now. And if she can't do something normal with me...like go looking for postcards or conversing....we're just not going to see each other.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Then I am leaving the hospital and I say to hubs....This will never happen again and some staff looks at me and says "Bet you do it tonight"
That put me in tears.

Next time I am in West Palm I am not even going to call sis.

Plus they had her 18 yr old daughter in there getting served and out on the back patio passing a joint.

I don't want to be around this crap. Period.

I could order a soda pop...but I don't even want caffeine.

So just nix this whole scene!

I am in tears about it.

Hubs would have noticed but he got mad at her earlier and went out to the car. I tried to smooth things over and look at her pics from her vacation in Egypt.

We definitely had different agendas.

And alcohol and dying isn't on mine.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hippy

Hi all,:ghug3

Live what a horrendous time you have had! Poor you. You know, my sis in law sounds a bit like your sis. Some people just have a problem with people not drinking. My sis in lawa was my friend before I met my hubs (her brother obviously) and I like to think we are still friends apart from the family stuff but all she wants to do is hang out in pubs and stuff. So I hardly ever see her but when we do it inevitably ends up being a meal in a pub and I find it difficult to be in her company when she is getting sloshed (she drinks a LOT!) so I have 'just a couple of beers' which ends up being about five.........mixed with my meds when I get home completely knocks me out until middle of next day...... Hippy falls off the wagon again!

I am so sorry you had this rotten time and hope you soon feel better. (((live))))

Hippy
xx
Old 06-06-2008, 03:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To Life!

Next time, you make the plans -- away from a bar.
That way, you have the control over the agenda.
Maybe you could plan a meeting at a museum or an antique shop?
I love that type of stuff!

As for the hospital staff person, write a letter to the BOD or the head director.
It was unprofessional, and completely uncalled for. The person should be reprimanded! :thefinger:

Today, my classes start their final performance exams.
They are recreating the 1950's 60's, 70's and 80's.
We've got music, movies, backdrop scenery and the kids have written their skits to act out scenes from the time periods. It's exciting!
Wish them luck!

Shalom!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Love you gals!
Old 06-06-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

((((((live)))))) I am so sorry you had to deal with all that. I can definately understand your frustration. It was quite disrespectful what you sister and her daughter did. I too would have to take a break from that relationship even if it meant hurting someone's feelings. I believe that we have to take care of ourselves first when we can as if we are not healthy then we can not be much assistance to anyone else. I know that definately is true for me. When I don't take my meds right or my disease gets out of hand, I become unable to give to anyone. Teach had some good advice. I would definately agree that you should file a complaint. Having been a nurse for 20 some years I feel that her actions were uncalled for, unprofessional, and just down right rude. She should at least be made aware of that by a supervisor. I have missed your posts. I got the postcard. Thank you it is beautiful there. It was such a pleasant surprise to see it.

Well everyone, I hope life is treating you well. I have had finals this week and will have one more next week. It has been a rough week. I did do good with my video presentation project for marine biology. I did mine on the Oregon sea otter who was made extinct by fur traders in 1911 and how it has had a negative effect on our coast as well as reasons the reintroduction of the sea otter to Oregon has been unsuccesful but yet they have been able to repopulate them in California and Washington. I also enjoyed writing the paper for that class for my other project. Did it on estuaries and why they need to be preserved and restored. Ok, enough of stuff that I am sure bores you.... :rof
I am going to get the "Facing Life's Challenges" thread caught up today. I have been procrastinating. Haven't posted on it since May 25th the day after my birthday.
My daughter got a rat terrier puppy last month. He is quite cute but too hyper and smart for his own good. I really did not want to like him as I did not want another dog in the house since my 14 year old beagle is quite set in her ways and not very social to other dogs. She is quite dominant and controlling. She will also be controlling with people if they let her. She knows not to do it with me though as I think they view me as their pack leader :rof I am working with him trying to teach him the basics. He learns quick. Seems to really like me. He will literally jump out of my daughters arms to come to me when he sees me.

Good to see some more posts here. Didn't expect this thread to do so well but it is nice to have a place to come to just to vent, visit, talk about life, laugh, and share. Thank you all for joining our little town. Take care and have a good day.

Judith
Old 06-08-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
hippy

Hi Folks,

how you all doing? Hope your finals went well Nadm. Sounded very interesting. I would love to study but brain not in right place just now.

Life going not too badly, but still a mixed up so and so! Missed out on a week of therapy but will catch up this week, so hopefully get back to doing well!

Hippy
x
Old 06-09-2008, 11:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Long time very little hear....it has been quiet here at BP town.

Good to see you Hippy. I hate it when I miss my therapy appts or my AA meetings for that matter. I tend to feel a little out of sorts and lost when I do that until the next time. Hope you can get back on track next week.

Finals are complete now. I am grateful as my carpal tunnel has gotten worse than it has ever been. I woke up this morning unable to move the fingers on my right hand due to the amount of swelling in my hand and wrist. It rather worried me but I put hot packs on it and wrapped it up and finally got enough swelling out of it to go take my marine biology final and get it done thankfully. It is still swollen but much, much better now.

I think I over did it yesterday. I picked up another yard to do. It needed mowing, edging, weedeating, etc....the whole 9 yards. I think that it is what did my hand in. I realize that the yard work is probably making my hand worse but I just don't want to go back to nursing. Even thinking about it sets my PTSD anxiety into high gear. It is sad that I would rather do physical labor, be in pain, for next to nothing than go pull a few shifts in an airconditioned environment for over $30 per hour. I find it so frustrating some times that my brain is so messed up. But sometimes it is a matter of lemons into lemonaid. So I have to view it as I am getting paid to be in the fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder telling me what to do and how to do it. I get paid cash that day. I work when I decide to do it rather than being tied to a specific schedule and time frame. I did push a little hard with my hand today by trimming all my shrubs and flower bushes and putting minerals on the lawn to green it up and make it healthy.

Yesterday I also built a shed for the new recycling and yard debris bins they are making us use now. They are huge and not real attractive, 64 gallons, but at least they have wheels on them. So I was able to hide them with the shed but still allow them to be accessable to us. I was able to convert a small shed I had made for our smaller yard debris cans into the larger one for these. That worked out good since I was able to use what pieces of wood I had rather than go spend a bunch of money on more wood.

It will be a busy day tomorrow. Going to take a friends mother to a dental appointment in nearby Vancouver, Washington tomorrow morning. When I get that done I am going to start digging up the fence posts in her back yard. The man behind them tore down the fence and rather than digging up the posts he just cut them off. My g/f and I are going to put a new fence up for her a couple of weekends from now so have to get the old posts out of there. Part of me hopes it is raining so I have an excuse not to do it yet...I could always do it when I am over there on Thursday to do the lawn. Maybe I should take the day off and let my wrist and hand rest.

Well take care everyone. Hope your days are going well. Hope to see each of you posting again soon
Old 06-10-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just checking in, keeping BP town's light on and street swept. Hope all is well with everyone.

Judith
Old 06-11-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Im alive, Im here. Im having a tough day, but I will survive. Have desire to over spend, shop get a new pet, scream, all of the above. But money sucks and screaming only frustrates, so Im trying to cope
Old 06-11-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi everyone!!!

just swooping in - dunno for how long this time, or when the next time will be-

am emjoying my week without stress ... told the landlord yesterday that if she grought the weed eater over, I'd try my hand at the front yard and stuff. even if only for thirty mins at a time it'd be activity and all that.

so what happens -

it SNOWED today.

yep. got an inch of the stuff on the ground - and more falling right now.
supposed to keepthis up until tonight.

then friday - back to upper seventies.

and they call ME crazee.

LOL

anyway-
NandM - thought you'd get a kick out of the weedeater thing.

So I started to stress about quitting the job -
went to the mailbox -
and there sat a letter from the IRS saying I'm getting MORE money.

I take that to mean that God is granting me another month to get better.

It's for enough to cover rent and the utilities.

I'm taking it.
LOL

How's everyone???

**********{Live}}}}
it's good to see ya!

How're the goats doing with the beagles?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
hippy

Hi folks,

Nice to hear from you Barb. Sounds as though things are ok at the mo, that's great, nice to hear.

Cinders hope you are over your tough spot. I succumbed to the overspending recently; although thankfully I don't do it in a BIG way, I had to take the stuff back the following day. I had bought my kids all these clothes that they just don't need....duplicates of what they already had! When I overspend, it is nearly always on stuff for them.

Nadm, I think you are right in the way you are viewing your gardening work. If nursing was so stressful for you, then it is not right for you. I work here in a similar occupation, but will I take advice to give it up? No! However, I have dropped to two days per week which gives me just enough money to pay the bills. I go into work (or I try to) with a 'let it wash all over me' attitude or I get dragged down by people's negativity and find myself triggered into a downward spiral

I am doing ok just now. On leave from work this week so just been taking it easy. It was my anniversary yesterday and my birthday today...so a real celebratory week! Not so sure how I feel about getting older though! My eldest daughter made me a card for my birthday that said "you will get something for your birthday that you don't like.............another year older!" Charmed I'm sure!

Anyhow, got to go. Hope all are well.

Hippy
x
Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am 8 days sober today and having a really rough time lately. The stress of being unemployed and unable to pay bills and rent is really getting to me. I've applied for SS disability and SSI but of course that takes forever and is usually denied the first time around. So I'm trying to find some kind of work but it's proving to be very difficult.

I must say I have the same kind of control freak sister as has been said. She loves to yell at me on the phone, tell me I've "got to find work" (as if I'm not looking), send me emails detailing my 'reality' and what I 'need' to do to get back on my feet. She has no idea that my feet will no longer support me and that ordinary things are a great struggle. She says she 'loves' me but that love is a very critical love and I don't want any of it. She tells me what I'm doing wrong and what I'm not doing right... and all this 'truth' from 500 miles away.

It is all I can do to stay on this roller coaster.

But at least I'm not drinking.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well I havent spent any money but Im all over the place. Today Im emotional about everything and cant stop crying. I went home at lunch and laid down a second on my bed and felt like I could just stay there forever.

Nothing interests me right now, I hate this feeling it really sucks. Im not sure who its worse for me, or my kids watching like whats going on with Mommy
Old 06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow! I step away from BP TOwn for a day and everyone comes back.......is it me??? :rof I am just joking about the is it me part. Good to see everyone.

Cinder, I hate it when I get in those insane spending modes. I have never thought about taking the stuff back....duh! That is a smart thing to do. Thanks for the idea, although I am truly hoping that I don't have any for a while.

Barb, you just have some great luck, don't you. The thought of getting out and weedeating was great but I guess someone was looking out for you and did not want you to over do it so they let it snow...:rof. The dogs haven't eaten any goats yet.....actually the youngest beagle is still afraid of them, I think she does as much fainting as the goats..

Hippy, I hope you are having a great birthday. Your daughter sounds just like my oldest....so charming.

Least, what can I say but I am thankful you are here. You are an important part of this forum.

I finally settled with the insurance company today. We spent about 2 hours in mediation. I only got about 1/4 of what we were asking for but at least it will pay off the medical bills. The insurance company we were up against is notorious for not being fair in their settlements. They really hurt a lot of people after the hurricane in Louisiana. But it is a relief to be done with it. I can move forward with my life now. I am actually considering trying to get a small lawncare business going. I am not afraid of the physical work, even though I know it leaves me in pain. I actually hope in the long run it will relieve the pain by building up the muscles around the discs. I have been doing some studying on types of grass, how they grow, what nutrients are best for each type, what is best for the climate here in Oregon, etc... A lot of the information is along the lines of biology so it is easy to comprehend. It would give me an income for a while as I complete this school thing.

One of the things I hate about this bi polar stuff is the way my mind keeps jumping around on what I should do as a new career now that I have decided to get away from nursing. Part of me wants to pursue the marine or wildlife biology, part of me wants to train dogs, part of me wants to be an animal behavorist, part of me would be content just to do lawn care for a living. What ever direction I go I know that I am going to have to continue to work on the PTSD if I am ever going to be able to work with any consistency at all or work for someone. I guess the direction I am supposed to go will wind up falling into place. I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Hope all of you take care. Keep in touch with BP town and let us know how you are doing.

Judith
Old 06-13-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My mind jumps the same way, well my mood has calmed and I got out with only 1 big expense, another new reptile, guys Im really insane, my mom and husband said Im OCD with my animals. I guess this is what I get for not going after a career in zoology to begin with. So now I have another lizard with the potential of being 7 foot long, but I feel great.