Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > All About Recovery > What is Recovery?
Reload this Page >

have any one elses family started talking to them yet?

Old 05-10-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cos mine haven't!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When they start talking to you how will that make you feel?

For me, I'd take the credit, always did. The world revolved around me, I was the center of the universe. When people were angry, it was because of me. When people were sad, it was because of me. But mostly, when people forgave, it was because of me and the great person I am and the wonderful things I had done to "win them back".

People would forgive and I'd take the credit. Today I try my best to take responsibility for my actions and emotions and realize I'm not responsible for other peoples actions and emotions. Today, if someone forgives me it's because they are a forgiving person. I accept their forgiveness as a gift from God. A gift that He has given them and they have shared with me.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

It took 3 years before my ACTIONS rather than my words had built back enough trust for my family to decide to include me again.

And I have to say, it took me 3 years before I wanted to face my family and show them that yes I was staying sober and clean and yes I was be responsible, etc and I was 39 years old by then.

So.............................continue on your recovery journey, being the best you that you can be One Day At A Time, and your actions will get noticed in time.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 05-12-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

18 1/2 years in the rooms. It took about 12 for them to start communicating with me. I'll let you know when they trust me. I can only tell you that I am ok. My side of the street is clean today, and they are entitled to their feelings. I helped create the wreckage so I cannot expect them to see the change, or react differently to me today just because I have changed. I am finnaly doing what I shoudl have been doing all along