Notices

Having suicide daydreams

Old 05-05-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having suicide daydreams

Hi I usually post in the family and friends section...I'm here because I'm depressed, lonely and disillusioned after cutting ties with alcoholics and cutting back on my own drinking. I'm having nightmares and anxiety attacks related to work and the people I have to stay away from.

My job is stressing me so much that I couldn't go in today, had to take a mental health timeout. I'm losing faith in other people and all of my projects seem to be hitting dead ends.

I'm on St. John's wort but may have to go back to something stronger because the urge to bag it is becoming very strong.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Angelus,

I think it's time to go talk to the doctor.

I sink into severe depression when life is very stressful. I usually can't bring myself out of it. I don't think St. John's wort works for severe depression.

The last bout of depression I had was caused by my low thyroid so you might want to have your thyroid checked too. Depression can also cause anxiety.

Take good care of yourself right now and say no to responsibilities that aren't necessary. Sometimes we are so used to coping that we don't realize just how much we have gone through and our bodies are trying to tell us we need a break.

Many hugs,
MG
Old 05-05-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Angelus, You should go and see your doctor. There have been times that I felt so overwhelmed that I would just drink along with my husband. I am not a drinker and don't have a history but it took the edge off of the real problem.

My therapist pointed out to quit it all together for the time being because alcohol is a depressant and makes you more depressed by using it. Talk therapy helps me a lot but I was on an anti depressant just to get me on my way to feeling better. Please see someone now and look forward to feeling better soon. Morning Glory gave great advice...don't take on anything that is not necessary in your life right now, take care of you.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to our corner of SR.

I am in complete agreement with Teach. Please seek some help.

I tried St. Johns whort for a few months but found that it almost made my depression worse. I seem to be quite sensitive to herbal medicines. The medications that are out now seem to have less and less side effects and the side effects normally subside in about a month or so. The only one that has hung on for me is dry mouth, but since I probably could use the water anyway that is not a problem for me.

Take care and keep us posted.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's definitely time for you to, in your words, "get on something stronger." Be it therapy or some form of antidepressant, suicidal ideation isn't something to take lightly.

Please go see a doctor, and good luck with everything.

-mbach