Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

strugling with my fience and her Rx drugs! please help

Notices

Old 04-25-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im not a newcommer to recovery, and I know that in recovery we arn't suposed to judge others! having said that my problem predominantly revolves around my fience. we have been together for just over three years, and in that time she has not been able to string together more than 60 days clean at a time. she has always gone back to the crack, and in conjunction to her drug of choice she also abuses her Rx drugs such as clonazapam, and the lorazepam, she has used it to mask her high. she recently graduated from the same recovery program I went thrugh 5 years ago, and for the first time she got her 6 month key tag. (honestly congrats to her!) but here is where my fear sets in!!! in the last 6 months her Rx usage has been very scarce, basically as she has needed for the odd angsiety attack or when she has a real difficulty sleeping. but recently we hooked up with another couple from recovery, I've been helping the guy and she has been working with the wife. we have all agreed that the biggest problem they face is the wifes addiction to a drug called seriquill. two weeks ago we were invited to dinner with them, where we witnessed the wife on 75mg og it and my fience blatenly said that she needed to get off that crap! all well and good. but to my amazement I found out that this week my fience had gone to see a psychyatrist and was perscribed the same thing but a higher dose what do I do!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would guess that is up to your fiancee, you can talk to her about it?
Old 04-25-2008, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR and welcome to our Mental health forum.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Hawkeye,
And welcome to the MH forums of SR!!!

Seroquel is a drug that has theraputic use. If the psychiatrist prescribed it to your g/f and *if* she takes it as prescribed, that's what it's for. There's a difference between using and abusing prescriptions. What is she diagnosed with? Because, for some, Seroquel can be a life saver.

Shalom!