Notices

Still sufferin from PAWs, Day 13 but...

Old 04-20-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Still sufferin from PAWs, Day 13 but...

I hate to keep being a pest but I have my stupid questions and all... last night I watched an episode of Law and Order SVU and it was so fast paced for me... it was like I couldn't even follow it while in the past I could... it's like I've gotten slowly worse and worse and worse... everyday it feels like it's worse... I know I've said things like this before but I can't even have fun anymore with my doings due to going off booze, and having such OCD about everything I do... I admit that I am not doing as well as I thought I would be by now... I ... sigh... I'm on day 13, and I feel I'm slowly breaking down...
Old 04-20-2008, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Paulos,
Maybe you need to talk to your doctor?
I'm sorry you're not doing well. Drinking and meds combined might have caused another problem? I honestly don't know, but, if you feel that badly, you should get checked out.

Take care...Let us know.
And you are *not* being a pest...

Shalom!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 13, you are in a time of transition. It will take your body and mind healing time, but I certainly agree with Teach about seeing a Dr.
I do not watch tv or movies for some of the reason you said whenever my anxiety is not treated. But I know the feeling, I have been in college classrooms where a video is shown and my mind just won't stay with it...not even for 5 minutes. But thinking on it, it is not because it is too fast paced, however it does over stimulate me when my anxiety is not treated.
If this is something you have enjoyed in the past I feel fairly sure it will come back to you. Every cell in your body is in a state of shock right now.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I see... well I can't tell my doctor about my huge alcoholism otherwise I may lose my Xanax which is what keeps me sane throughout my days. As for the meds Lamictal and Risperdal the Lamictal helped me to at least eat and walk around again, but the Risperdal I feel is making me worse... but it's one of the medications best suited for OCD/Autism treatment so I'm giving it time, but ... sigh it's just so overwhelming... I only hope I'm not losing it.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Paulos, your doctor may consider your chronic anxiety and still allow the xanax even if he knew about your alcoholism. I know my doctor knows about my alcoholism and still provides a prescription for Klonopin for my anxiety. I am just very careful about taking it as prescribed. It is just my opinion but I feel it does make a difference when we are honest with our physicians in the quality of care we recieve. They can not help if they don't have all the facts.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Hm... thanks nan.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Paulos I know you are really are trying Buddy, but Honesty It's the Best policy and our way could just complicate things more Listen I know you need your Xanax I could respect that but my concern you are not license physician or Doc so our way could be dangerous, we can't do this on our own paulos it's true what nandm said they could probably give you something even stronger or worse and it will and you could be in high risk and not even know him you said you didn't want to tell your Doc about your drinking in fear that you will lose your XanaX whats more Important here your life or your XanaX lets be realistic paulos you are more important here don't get offended or upset I'm just been a friend a friend tells it like it is, God Bless paulos I'll be :praying 4'r you.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thanks butter, still I can't tell him how bad the alcoholism was *day 15 by the way* until I get off it a bit longer because otherwise he would recommend rehab right now, I have to wait, I may be changing offices as well which will help me out as well as less driving since I'm bad in the car and bad with driving.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thank you all for caring, another tough day for me... day 16 now... hum... not really feeling so well such as going outside like I used to feel and such.