Treasure hunt

Old 04-13-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Treasure hunt

Good morning gang

I decided to start a new project. Dunno why, or why today, it's one of those ACoA "things". I get this urge to do something different, preferably move to a different town and start my life over. Recovery has taught me not to be so impulsive and dramatic, so instead of moving I'm going to do something _healthy_ for myself.

I'm going on a treasure hunt, and you guys are welcome to come along.

I'm looking for the _best_ threads from all over SoberRecovery, _best_ for _me_ as an "Adult Child". The ones that inspire me to overcome all the ***** from my childhood and make a better future for myself. I'm gathering them up here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-us-acoa.html

If you guys want to, you can find a few treasures of your own. Just go browsing all around Sober Recovery, not just our little refuge here, and see what you can find. If you know how to post a link then put it in this thread. If you don't know how just tell me the forum and the title and I'll go dig it up.

I _love_ new projects

Mike
Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here's one that was suggested to me, what do you guys think? Shall I add it to the "sticky" posts on this forum? This is _our_ forum, ya know, so let me know what you guys think.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ill-happy.html

Mike
Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Mike, (and LTD) I think that is an absolutely wonderful *perfect* post for our forum! And how true it is! I spent so much time pre-recovery thinking exactly that "If I just had X, I would be happy".

I now know that if I just accept things and find peace, the rest of the X's in my world will work themselves out. I think the thread you linked to above is very very pertinent and relevant to ACoAs. I think it's something many of us struggle with. (I also think it was a tool we used to get through our childhoods - focus on the future instead of the now, because the now kinda sucked).