Notices

Desperate

Old 04-08-2008, 07:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Desperate

I am feeling quite desperate today after visiting the doc yesterday. I am having a flare up of fibromyalgia along with shingles on my back. It is intensifying my depression and anxiety.

I take 400 mg of wellbutrin each day as well as prozac, ativan and now the doc. started me on neurontin for pain management. God only knows how I can feel any emotion taking all the meds I do.

I have missed work for the last two days and hve no energy at all physically, however my mind is busy, busy, busy.

Have any of you experienced anything similar. I am feeling so dicouraged.

Suzette
Old 04-08-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry you are feeling so down.

I have never heard of neurontin for pain management, but there is a first time for everything.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Actually neurontin worked really well on my back pain. It is a great medication for nerver related pain. Which is what mine was as discs put pressure on my spinal nerves which in turn create pain. I have taken it on and off for quite a while now. You might find it makes a huge difference in your pain level. I feel so much better when my pain is managed well. It can sure take a toll on one mentally to be in constant pain. Hang in their though and give this a shot. I hope it works as well for you as it did me. If not there are other meds out there. The good thing about neurontin is it doesn't have a bunch of addictive properties.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Wink

u are feeling lousy but if is of any comfort just belief talk to G.O.D(good,orderly,direction he is in charge just open your heart to the energy of GOD he is abelavel, 24,h.r.s and 7-days a week 365,days of the year is a bout faith he is my comfort zone in times of needs,and darkness,read psalm 23/. .
Old 04-08-2008, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just got my blood work back and my RH (rheumatoid) factor is 175. Anything above 13 is not good.

I need to see a rheumatoligist immeadiatly and was told I was contagious due to the shingles. They are everywhere and now spreading up my neck, they actually look like ckicken pox and they hurt and itch.

I'm feeling so depressed sitting in this house, not being able to go anywhere but the doctors office. Thank God work is so understanding.

I'm not going to... however I really feel like drinking. This is the first time I have felt like drinking in a couple of weeks.

In the mean time I just have to try and keep my chin up. But its da*n hard.

Thanks for listening...

Suzette
Old 04-09-2008, 01:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

It can sure take a toll on one mentally to be in constant pain.
Amen to that.

Too -
BUt - you DIDN'T drink - that's the thing.
It would only make matters worse, not better, I'm afraid.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Suzette

Take a deep breath Hon, it's gonna be ok.

I have Lupus and Rheumatoid so I can relate to the feelings of being overwhelmed with tests, prescriptions, RH factors and so on.

My RA was at first diagnosed as Fibromyalgia. I honestly felt worse when I was being treated for Fibromyalgia because it was a misdiagnosis. Once I got on the right meds for RA, I began to feel better. It took quite awhile for my RH factor to increase and when it did, wow! It was way up like yours.

I can truly relate to what you're going through. I had an outbreak of shingles as a kid and thank goodness I haven't had any since. It's kinda ironic, seems a great deal of people I have gotten to know through Arthritis support groups have experienced shingles at some point in their lives as well.

Instead of focusing on not being able to go out of the house, use this time to take care of some long overdue projects that you may have been kicking under the rug. I know you're not feeling well, I'm not talking about painting the house or cleaning the carpets, look in your closets for clothes you aren't wearing and box them up for a shelter. I'm sure there may be some old towels, sheets, different things that a women's or homeless shelter would be grateful to have. I know when I'm feeling low, doing something for others always helps me.

I'm gonna send you a PM right now with my email address. Feel free to shoot me an email anytime. I can definately relate to the medical problems, along with depression (Prozac baby here) and Recovery!

It may all seem like a great deal to handle now, but this too shall pass.

God never gives us more than we can handle.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 04-10-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Still out of work.

Shingles now have a staph infection.

I am trying to stay positive, I really am, but it's just so hard.

By the way as Serenity queen suggested, I have a truck coming next week to pick up some used clothing etc...

I was also able to donate to idol gives back last night.

It does feel good to do things for others, and I wish I could do more right now.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Suzette

Are you under good medical care? Neither shingles or staph are anything to take lightly. Shingles is often opportunistic and arises after traumatic events. Staph can be relatively minor or resistant to antibiotics. Don't mess with either one.

warren
Old 04-10-2008, 10:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Too -=

Thanks for keeping up updated
(sooner or later peeps learn that barb *worries*)
I absolutely love that youre tithe-ing , and donating during this time.

Having just come off three -
count 'em THREE heavy duty antibiotic series ...
these germs are getting ferocious!

Thanks for hanging in there ...

*prayers for Too*
Old 04-11-2008, 01:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Originally Posted by warrens View Post
Suzette

Are you under good medical care? Neither shingles or staph are anything to take lightly. Shingles is often opportunistic and arises after traumatic events. Staph can be relatively minor or resistant to antibiotics. Don't mess with either one.

warren
Would someone mind explaining to me what Shingles is?

I ask because you saying it "often....arises after traumatic events" struck a cord with me. You see when i woke up from ECT #17 or 18...I woke up to find an odd skin issue along my bikini line on my right side. I mentioned it to my ECT doctor and he just blew it off as being a sort of skin irritation caused from me being over-weight and said he'd prescribe me some kind of ointment for it. But it's different than that I think.

It't very red and covers an area on my skin that's about the size of a playing card or a bit larger and I've had it now for a week or two and it isn't getting any better....in fact, it seems to be getting worse because the past few days it has now started itching.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Jenna
Old 04-11-2008, 01:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Suzette, I don't know much at all about fibromyalgia, but what you are describing sounds quite a bit like my major depressive episodes that last for years when they come on (I'm battling the 3rd one of my life at present ...with the help of ECT which works miracles).

I also don't konw what RH is, but would love to learn more about it if you don't mind sharing.

I've often wondered if i might possibly have fibro, but i don't think i do...i think it's just the major depressions that are my main issues. When i'm battling a major depression it's quite typical for me to stay in bed and sleep and sleep and sleep some more....in fact the major depression i went through several years ago had me sleeping some 23-hours out of every day for weeks. And that's no exageration at all. I would only wake up long enough to go to the bathroom, smoke a cigarette and occationally eat or drink a quick something and then i was right back to slumber.

This time around i've been fighting the depressive episode with everything i can think of...which is why i demanded my pdoc put me in touch with an ECT doctor. I had already spent several weeks out of work and in day therapy and still hadn't changed my sufferings.

I've gone through the ECT treatments, but the only reason i'm back at work now is because i ran out of FMLA leave time. I'm also suppose to still be receiving ECT treatments once every week or two, but i don't even have a single sick day of leave left so i can't, but i am very thankful for how they have helped me so much.

Anyway, hang in there and keep pushing forward....things won't always be this way.

hugs,
Jenna
Old 04-11-2008, 01:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

shutter -

tried to pm this to ya - but your mailbox is full!

Shingles: An Unwelcome Encore
Old 04-11-2008, 02:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

opps! I didn't know that! I'll have to try to clean it out tomorrow evening or over the weekend.

Thanks for the link!!!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 04:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Shutter,

I feel for you having depression. I pray that you will find something that will bring you out of that darkness.

I take wellbutrin and prozac for my dpression and it works well.
Not lately though because of my illness.

I am still waiting to see the rheumatoligist. I have been diagnosed with both fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis before, but have never felt as symptomatic as I do now.

I think that the antibiotic is beginning to cure the staph infection. I am praying that it is.

Thank you all for your concern during this difficult time.