Notices

Hello

Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

How do you get your doctor to believe you think you may be depressed or bi-polar?
Old 04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR!

Try making a list of all the reasons you feel you may be bi polar or depressed. Bring the list with your doctor and let him/her see it. Be sure to write down any physical symptoms you may be having as well. That will help provide your doctor with the necessary information to make a diagnosis.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mine fought me for a long time. Eventually I was told to for 15 days and tehn 30 diary how I felt my mood on scale of one to ten. I did one of those hourly calendars and kept showing each hour my mood level.
Eventually I had to diary for 6 months and still keep track for them
Old 04-01-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had been seeing a therapist for almost two years before I accepted a medical solution needed to be part of the solution for my depression. My therapist talked to the doc before I went in for the first appt, so there wasn't any doubt in either of their minds about what was going on.

The suggestion of a mood diary is a good one, this will help you and your doc see any patterns (manic vs depressed vs. "normal").
Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, wooforever;

And welcome to the MH forum of SR!

What makes you think that you're depressed or bipolar? These are very specific conditions. Bipolar disorder is very difficult to diagnose too. What symptoms are you experiencing?

I look forward to getting to know you.

Shalom!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

"HI WOOFOREVER I'M REPLYING TO YOUR ADD I'M BIPOLAR I DIDN'T ASK IF I WAS IT WAS TOLD TO ME BY THE SHRINK IN THE INSTITUTION WHERE MY OUT PATIENT PROGRAM SEND ME TOO THE DOC IS NOT THE ONE WHO DIAGNOSES YOU WITH IT IS THE PSYCHIATRY,HE DOS AND EVALUATION FROM YOUR HISTORY AND ASKS YOU QUESTIONS FROM YOUR PASS, IN MY CASE I WAS LOCK UP FOR OBSERVATION,CAUSE OF MY ANGER I WAS TO AGRASIVE ON MY COLICS OR OUTPATIENT. IN THE PROGRAM.