Notices

Dream Analysis?

Old 03-22-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dream Analysis?

I have yet to get to the doctor (10 more days) to find out if I truly am depressed or have an anxiety disorder. And what my next steps should be, psychotherapy, drugs? etc...But in my despair I find that I am doing a lot of thinking and reading, trying to sort out the dysfunction in my life thus far. I am trying to get on a better path, including a healthy mind.

anyway has anyone ever rad about dream analysis? I found this page with this:

The ego cannot escape its destined encounter with the unconscious. Take for example the problem of love and hate. What we fail to see in our selves we often find attractive in other. What we deny within we battle outwardly. So too, the circumstances of our life are often designed to teach us exactly what it is that we need to learn. Illness often conceals a hidden wisdom. The ego cannot escape the unconscious just as we cannot escape our own birth.

Jung's Rediscovery of the Dream

------------

it's quite interesting. I tend to have very vivid dreams. I used to have re-occurring dreams about tornados. In the dream i was always fascinated yet desperate to save everyone. Funny how in life I ended up in relationships with two addicts (trying to save them). I have not kept track of my dreams lately. But i'd love to tap into my unconscious mind and see if there are some answers for me there.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I have been informally studying dreams for many years. I totally believe that our dreams are about what is unresolved in our sub-conscience. There are several good dream dictionaries on-line just key in "dream Dictionary" in your search bar.

I also think every person in a dream is depicting some aspect of the self.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

"Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths." --Joseph Campbell
Old 03-22-2008, 11:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

dreaming ... in an inseparable part of my family culture.