Notices

I'am BIPOLAR

Old 03-19-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

I'am BIPOLAR

:prayingplease help me understand what is BIPOLAR about 4,yrs ago I was diagnost with BIPOLAR please some one or any one HELP!! meunderstand this disease is bad enough that I'm battleling with the disease of addiction now bipolar I feel like sometime's I'm going 2 loose my mind if it I thank GOD that he has carry me this far but I can't leave everything in GOD'S hand not that he cn doit but I got 2 do my part I'm so mad at my self because I never taugh that I will b affect it by my using I'm angry I need 2 adress this is been eating me inside 4r along time I been in denial 4r a quiet long time now on this bipolar issue I was taking prescription but my insurance was taking from me I don't have inssurance and I feel the disease of bipolar progress was kept me intact is my belief and faith in my high power whom I choose 2 call my LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST believing that by FAITH I'm heal I believe but when the symptoms manifest them self I could feel them lack of energie I don't want 2 take a bath I' issoliate my self my speach disorder my high's and low's 2 sensetive everrything bothers me I get irretaded fast my taught's racing fast I speak fast no coma no pause HELP ME PLEASE I need 2 understand wht kind of help is out there thank u :
Old 03-19-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to our corner of the forum world! Good to see a new face. I hope you will be able to find strength, hope, and experience here to help you through the difficulties misconceptions, and judgment of living with mental illness. Be assured that you are safe here.

I too am a recoverying alcoholic. I also have been diagnosed with PTSD, Bi Polar type II, chronic anxiety, and depression. I can completely understand the struggle that goes on with a combination of addiction issues and mental health issues. I work the program of AA and have been told by some who do not understand mental illness that I need to get rid of my medications and just work the steps and it will get better. I understand they mean well and do not realize the damage this can do as the steps are a great plan for living sober and do help with situation depression such as the depression created by resentments, the chaos created by the alcoholism but they were not intended to treat mental illness. That said I am thankful that I did not do that as I have seen others stop their meds or refuse to take medication due to that type of advice and wind up commiting suicide.

I am sorry you have lost your insurance. Please check out the sticky notes at the top of this forum as there is a thread there with links to medication assistance. I have used this assistance before and found it to be quite beneficial.

Don't get discouraged. You can learn to live a good life even with the diagnosis of a mental health disorder. There is a lot of experience here in this forum. Check out threads started by Shutterbug, she is quite knowledgeable regarding bi-polar. Lot of good information about the disease in her threads. There is also a support site mentioned in one of the threads, I will see if I can locate it and post it here for you. Please roam around and check out the threads. There is one called BP town that is open to those with Bi Polar (and other mental health issues we aren't picky about only those with Bi Polar posting). You may find some strenght and help there.

Good luck with your journey. You are not alone here. Hope to continue to see your postings.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, buterfly-7
And welcome to SR and the MH forums!!!

Here's the thread that nandm refered you to.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-coverage.html
There's many different sources that you can check into for getting your meds. Also, check the pharmacutical company itself. They have "scholarships" for people who cannot afford their meds, too.
I wish you luck there.

Here's a link to understanding bipolar disorder. It's filled with information in an easy to understand format.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-ny-times.html
If you have any questions when you read it, just ask! Many of us will be happy to answer in our layman's perspective. Just understand, we are not medical people here. Just people like you who share our experience, strength and hope to help each other along the road to recovery.

I look forward to getting to know you as we both walk the path of recovery.

Shalom!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi BUtterfly - welcome!
I don't know anywhere near as much as these others-
just wanted to say hello and welcome!