Notices

Dazed and Confused.....

Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dazed and Confused.....

I have suffered from depression on and off throughout my lifetime, but recently I've been hit pretty hard. I asked my doc about an anti-anxiety/anti-depressant. It seemed to be working just fine the first week I was taking it (Lexapro 10mg). Other than side effects of restlessness, and loss of appetite, I was doing great.

The last few days I'm completely overwhelmed by my worthlessness. Ever have those days where you think running your car into a tree might make it a better day?

Currently I have a job that takes me on the road quite a bit. I detest this job. It takes me away from my family, and since I've just moved, I have no friends. It makes me miserable. I realized that I need to change my job to get some kind of stability in my life. I'm having a hard time finding something, which just seems to make the depression worse.

Typically I'm the go getter---I clean the house, and make the meals, and make everyone happy. The last four days I have felt paralyzed. Overwhelmed by my sadness. All I can seem to do is cry---much to the dismay of my significant other. And all I want is comfort. Someone to understand.....and I feel like no one does.

I mentioned that I felt really lonely. And he said...but you're surrounded by people......and isn't that funny how it works?

They just left (him and my step-son) And here I am...alone again. I hate being alone.

Alone, and rambling.

I wish I could say I felt better after writing this. I still feel like crawling in bed and not getting up until 2045.

K
Old 03-18-2008, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:ghug3

Alone yet surrounded by people, yes I know that feeling. You probably have a follow up at the doctor's office? Tell him that you are still not feeling well and he might up the dose, or do something else. A pdoc once told me that for almost any mental problem out there, there is a medication for it and there are many for depression. I also find that talk therapy helps, just to get my feelings out, and writing on message boards.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

JEez hi orv, sorry you're having such trouble... medications can do these things, I feel basically the same thing and I feel mindless... dazed is a good term for it yes, out of it... confusion I feel as in my self what I am going to do in my day, and I have major insecurity issues that's why I sleep in my mother's room since I'm so pitifully sad, it could be the medication orv, it seems you and I are both going through a tough time.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Alone in a crowd. I have felt that way the majority of my life. It has only been in the past few years that the feeling has subsided in me. I don't know how long you have been on the Lexpro but it does take several weeks for an anti anxiety/depression drug to get to a theraputic level in the system. Don't give up before you have given it a fair chance. It may turn out that the medication works great for you or you may find it is not the one for you. Either way stay in communication with your doctor. Be honest about how you are feeling. Voice these concerns to him/her. They can only treat what you tell them. A depression medication at a therapuetic level will relieve the depression. Will it make all the problems in life go away? No, it wasn't made to do that. Are you seeing a therapist? They often times can help teach the tools of living with mental health issues such as depression. You are not alone. There are many of us who fight with depression. I have had to change depression medications every few years because at some point for me they have stopped working. The last one I was on was Lexpro. I had really good results with it for a while. I am currently on Cymbalta. It is working well right now. Be an advocate for youself with your doctor. You know better than anyone how you are feeling. Let you doctor know.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Orv, you're not alone