Notices

Has anyone read "Blue Genes?"

Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Has anyone read "Blue Genes?"

Blue Genes: Breaking Free from the Chemical Imbalances That Affect Your Moods, Your Mind, Your Life, and Your Loved Ones

by Paul Meier, M.D. and Todd Clements, M.D., a physician at the Amen Clinics, Inc.
Many common psychological problems, such as depression, bipolar disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and ADHD, can be linked to chemical imbalances in the brain. Dr. Paul Meier and Dr. Todd Clements wrote Blue Genes to help find answers for those who struggle. Through fascinating case studies, Dr. Meier and Dr. Clements show the dramatic difference counseling and medicine can make. This empowering book addresses how genetics, environment, diet, fitness, and spirituality all affect our minds and our quality of life.
Anyone read this? My mother gave me a copy the other day but I haven't started it yet.

Last edited by historyteach; 02-24-2008 at 05:11 PM. Reason: edited to remove comercial link
Old 02-25-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

No, I haven't read it.
But, I've long advocated that we must take care of ourselves physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually to be as healthy as possible.

Interesting, though. I just took an ADHD test online by Dr Amen. It's got to be the same guy, cuz it talked about genetics, environment, diet, fitness, and spirituality and how they all affect our minds and our quality of life. LOL!

Oh, yea, the results say that "it is likely you have ADD
Your results indicate that it is unlikely you have Inattentive ADD
Your results indicate that it is likely you have Over-focused ADD
Your results indicate that it is likely you have Temporal Lobe ADD
Your results indicate that it is likely you have Limbic ADD
Your results indicate that it is likely you have Ring of Fire ADD."

I've been in education for over 20 years. I've never heard of this stuff!
I tried to look it up, but, couldn't find a reputable source, so, I'll wait and ask my counselor.

Sorry if I took over your thread. I just thought it was interesting that the same guy's name came up!

Shalom!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

No but - I HAVE heard of it. LIke - in the last week. This is like ... the third time.

So ... now I guess I *will* be.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

I've heard of it, but not read it. I do have a book called "Mean Genes." My own opinion, compiled from readings and life experiences, is that is true and true and true.

Cool mom ya got yourself there!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea mom is trying I believe to understand more and more about things. I am glad that she is finally trying. Thanks all for the replies and NO you didn't steal my thread historyteach You can derail my thread anytime!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OK I have started it and I am trying my best to keep attention. I have an extremely hard time with keeping my attention on things, especially lately. Most of it is things I am sure most of us have heard before, i.e: "Sometimes you just need meds, and it is out of acts of ignorance to avoid them because you are embarrassed of what others will think."