Notices

my oral surgery

Old 02-23-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sweet Christmas secrets

Thumbs up my oral surgery

I SURVIVED!!!

they were unable to put me completely under however due to my apnea. I would get too far down and I would stop breathing, so they had to keep me awake enuff to tell me to breath and they had to tell me that lots I guess. I remember them telling me to breathe and to go to my happy place, I guess I started to sing "Somewhere over the rainbow" They told me no one had ever sang in the dentists chair for them before. They loved it.
They gave me what appears to be a compression sock with velcro straps that holds 2 ice packs very nicly to strap on my head to ice my face to void swelling and bruising. SO far so good.
I have a follow up on Wednesday and in 8 weeks will go back to my regular dentist to get the first filling in my remaining teeth.

Thanks everyone for your support
Old 02-23-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Yea!!!
Glad you made it through, without being completely out!

Singing Somewhere over the Rainbow at the dentist!!!
That's one for the record books!!!
I'm gonna ask my dentist for some of what YOU got!!! :rof

Anyway, it's all down hill from here, Nuf. I'm really happy you got through it. :ghug

Shalom!
Old 05-26-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats!!! I had surgery for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago and I was terrified. I didn't want general anesthesia but I didn't have much of a choice. I'm not sure what I would have said/sang all drugged up on local stuff. Somewhere Over The Rainbow. Oh my god. That's hilarious.
I have apnea too! That's what I was really freaked about. I made them go over how they were going to put a tube in my wind pipe and carefully monitor my breathing about 5000 times.